Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?

thanks guys

mike545, you said that you are coming from sport quads so then does the 3 speed transmission on the Rincon bother you? Do you miss having a manual like maybe a Vinson 500cc could give you?

Old 12-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MIROC89
line up the 05 king 700 and a 05 brute 650 and the king will take the whole shot. the i can stand up my king without much problem totally stock without ripping my arms out. the only large bike that is quicker and has not had the problems ive had is the prairie. if you are playin it safe i suggest the griz just because its been the same forever now with less problems. ive hadnt noticed this "loose steering" others have. ive just replaced the belt twice in 300 miles! suzuki says i tow to hard and ive never towed with it?!!
That's very unlike anything I've heard about the belt going that soon someone I've talked to on a different forum said they have 4000 miles on the stock belt, your dealer need to make sure your belt pulleys are working properly there's something not right in your tranny somewhere making your belts where out that fast, definitely shouldn't be going through belts that fast...I still have my stock belt after 875 miles now and it hasn't given me any trouble.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

not at all , climb all kinds of hills and do mud boggs, the rincon is one of the only ones that actully have 3 speeds, all the rest have cvt(belts-boo)

Old 12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also haven`t had any Trouble with my belt. I have round about 4000 miles on my King. And somtimes I tow trees in the Forest, or drive with a heavy trailer full of wood. I never got any Problems with the belt. A friend of mine got a 04 Rincon, and had lots of Trouble with it. 2x motor faults, and once the torque coverter.And each time it costs lots of money to repair it. Meanwhile he is also thinking about buying a new King Quad.

Old 12-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wait until you see the 06! We got em and they are going fasst!!

Old 12-31-2005, 02:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I luv my KQ... I have 1500 rough miles on it and I haven't had one issue with it. I have nothing but great things to say about this machine.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

Got my KQ700 approx 3 to 4 months ago, I went from a 01 Kawasaki Lakota 300 Sport to the King, I got tired of having to drag the Lakota around due to lack of ground clearance. I studied up on the KQ700, read the posts on the VIN issues, i got the good VIN...After riding Windrock in Oliver Springs, TN in very dusty conditions I did notice some slight dust residue in the throttle bore. The next day I recieved the recall on the tie rods, took it to the dealer and mentioned the airfilter/dust issue. Just so happen the Zuki rep was there, he filled out a report about the dust in the throttle bore. He recommended greasing the foam pads on the bottom and top of the factory air filter, he also recommended me to get an aftermarket filter, BUT to keep in mind that the paper filter was safer to run in rainy / wet conditions that it would be more apt to prevent the engine from ingesting water during deep water crossing whereas the aftermarket one wouldn't... I did order a UNI, and since haven't found any dust residue, even in very dusty conditions, and yes, you can hear the intake side of the engine when riding with the UNI. I haven't had any smoke issues at all.
The wheeler performes great and yes, it doesn't go wild at full throttle take-off as some lust after. The good thing is, is that the power is extreamly managable and won't get you in a situation too quickly. The 4x4 is just a push of a button away as is the diff lock, both working "johnny on the spot". The wheeler rides great, vast change from the sport suspension of the Lakota. Though the rear suspension doesn't quite articulate like the Arctic Cat IRS, the sway bar gives you the sport feel in the corners with the ability to lean, get mean and blast out of the turns w/o the fear of tipping too easily. I guess the only complaint is the rear tires, they don't seem to grip too good, once worn, I'll probably go with Mudlite XLs.
Last of all, for the money, over 10 inches of ground clearance, IRS, proven fuel injection, big bore, top end speed, low center of gravity, stationary & steerable headlights and weight of only 602 lbs... You can't go wrong.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

I went out for a ride yesterday and it made me remember why I love my KQ and 4wheeling in general. I was in water over the floorboards and the KQ didn't hesatate whatsoever felt like I was a boat not a quad, this is the deepest water I've went into and now I see why deep water riding is so popular..it's so much fun!

I just received an email from Yoshimura saying the ECM will be availble late Febuary instead of mid January...oh well I'll have time to save up for it.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer

Herby, great to hear from our European riding friends. A few questions from me, the uninformed.

What is the riding like in Germany, how are the trails controled, or how open are the areas the areas
accessable to riding. You mentioned riding on the street, which would explain the miles, actually in the
high plains states, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana we also can licence our ATV if they meet certain
stamdards as motorcycles. It is great.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

I have two 5 KQ's and have no regrets even though the first one at 1800 miles died of the blue smoke of death. Suzuki picked up the tab, and thru in new uni air filters for both bikes. So far I have about 3,000 between the two bikes, and the only problem has been the crappy stock air filter.

Just spend some time on a friends new 06 Rincon. Impressive ride, but that is about it. Power does not compare to the KQ, and I really did not like the shifting 3 speed auto trans, even if it is a Honda matic. On the trails it seems to be searching for the right gear more than I care for. Also, and maybe most of all no low range is why I would not recommend the bike. Just to many times on the trail when the low range makes difficult situations a snap.

Later

Quick Reply: One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?