Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!

Pwillie

I have a back ground in engineering and now am the Mfg operations manager for a business here in Phoenix. I have quads and motorcycles from all 4 of the Japanese companies. I would like to buy a Polaris, but just have not found one for the right price at the right time. Maybe I'll drive to Alabama where the resale value is real bad and pick up a couple. I do not own a Polaris, but I do have lots experience with the Polaris quads and have ridden hundreds and hundreds of miles on a 700EFI. They are not bad machines. If I were going to get another big bore quad and my only choices were between the biggest quad made by Polaris and the biggest Honda, the Polaris would be in my garage.

Just to answer you question as to whether there are dealers where I live I will point to the following data. In 2004 1 out of 256 people bought a new quad in Alabama. In 2004, 1 out of 197 people bought quads in Arizona. There were 17,336 new quads sold in Alabama while in Arizona there were 25,978 new quads sold. Yes, there are some dealers here, and yes more people per capita own quads in Arizona then they do in Alabama.
Now all this shrimpen talk as made me hungry so I think I will go rustle me up some grub or something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

P.S. I do like your choice in street bikes though. Very cool modern old school. Thruxton

Old 11-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curls, you did not take into consideration,that most Quads here in Bama are purchased out of state...much cheaper.. I haven't bought a new quad in Bama..Miss. Fla. have the better prices...a dealer in Hattisburg sells mor bike s in Bama than anyone else according to the state revenue officer. As for the thruxton,its quiet a bike,more power than the old Triumphs....I bought my quad in Fla. 5714.00 del. to my home......there are '04 model Polaris's left over at some dealers....this was 3 months ago....before the great storm...BTW I am considering opening a whse in Phoenix........

Old 11-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

I would say it's probably a wash as far as people going across state lines to purchase quads. Here in AZ we have people coming over from CA and we our selves head over to NM, CO, NV, and UT looking for the better deal and to avoid the 8% sales tax. I still think we ride more quads in AZ then you do in Alabama. We have more public lands and ride 12 months a year. We have mountain trails and huge sand dunes. I am 1.5 hours from 9,500 foot mountains that I ride in the Summer. I am 3 hours from Glamis sand dunes that I ride in the Winter. It's never to rainy to ride and when it's hot you go to the mountains. Because of the weather and the abundant public lands there are lots and lots of quads in AZ, even more then you have in Alabama.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Range Rover

I would say the king quad is a good quad. But, its definatly not the best quad Suzuki has offered in the last 20+ years. I'm not into the utilities. I like fast, light, 2 stroke, adjueil quads. So, my opinion, the best quad Suzuki ever made was the LT series. Lt500R, LT250R. Now the new LTZ450R will be something to rave about. Z400 isn't bad either. Even though there 4 stroke. But thats just my opinion. No bashing intended.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

I AM HOME!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I just have no use for a quad like that... Not that one in particular, all the Ute's..

Old 11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Curls,if you sold all your ATV's,you could get a new Polaris!We have a dealer here thats giving them away.......cheap! We also have several parks set aside for trail riding here in Bama. You would be surprised how many ATVs that are in state! Birmingham has a race track, and a jump site. But I am not making any statement to the fact that I am not a westerner! Just a humble old biker that has fun when he can..Honda rules in the USA,period...not my choice...

Old 11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

....also,if you have a background in eng., What about the build quality of Polaris over Honda Yamaha,and Suzuki?...Who has the best frame,plastic and engine?......

Old 11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Range Rover

I have a KQ and a brute force and hands down the KQ is the best quad out right now

Old 11-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

boat, what do you like more about the KQ? It seems all the BF 750 has over the KQ is power.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Range Rover

The BF has more snap but in a long drag race the KQ will catch and pass the BF I like the power delivery of the KQ ,the ride, the handling,and no vibration on your feet like the BF But I do have to say the BF is very fun to ride with its quick power delivery Also the KQ has a much lower rpm at any cruise speed like a 4 stroke should have

Quick Reply: If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!