Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!

Originally posted by: Curls
Tell me many how many racing series did Honda win last year? I count 2, Duhamel and Natalie. Kawasaki did better then that with 1/2 the budget! Honda is no better then any one else get over it or bring some data.
I think supermoto ? Reno to vegas ,Baja 1000 bike and quad And troy lee supermoto did win the points in 04

Old 11-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

You would think wrong that was Yamaha followed by KTM.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

I also see that you have a 400ex and we all know that they are not fast but you have one WHY they cost more than any machine in its class So that means you bought it because of its reputation of being bullet proof Am I wrong about this And tell the truth Just because a machine is fast that means its the best look at Maico 490 sand spiders they are faster than a cr 500 so they must be better Think about what you are saying if its fast it the best Ask your wife if faster is better I bet she says longivity will win a race for her

Old 11-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: boat
How many mx championships does suzuki have So my point is not who wins it is the FACT that honda makes quality products And yes I do ride a yfz ,KQ,BF,and a trx and any shop can tell you that hondas hold up the best thats why they have the following that they do its not because they have the fastest bike in every class And I will give ever other bike credit because they have clossed the gap on performance and quality in the last few years
I havent been reading what you guys hae been posting, looks like you've got an in-depth conversation going here.

But maybe you could tell me, what the heck does suzuki's MX championship standings have to do with their top line utility quad? Heck it barely pertains to the z400 let alone an IRS utility quad.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Range Rover

curls I bet you dont know what brand has the most wins in motorcycle history Just take one guess And if you get it wrong you will have to drop and give me 20 private

Old 11-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

curls I bet you dont know what brand has the most wins in motorcycle history Just take one guess And if you get it wrong you will have to drop and give me 20 private
Again, completely irrelevant to the topic. Not to say that curls isnt posting irrelevant stuff too, your's just stood out more.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: maddog56
Again, completely irrelevant to the topic. Not to say that curls isnt posting irrelevant stuff too, your's just stood out more.
Curls just stated that honda is no better than any other brand and he is basing this from And I just stated that honda has stronger areas of a motor that make them last longer than other and then he turned it into how many wins does honda have this year And thats when I posted who ahs the most wins in motorcycle or quad racing And that would be Honda So if atributes wins to quality honda still wins I do have to say I dont like alot of honda products for my type of riding but if I were to ride any type of endurance I would ride red because it will get you to the finish line maybe not first but you will get there

Old 11-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

I would be very surprised to see any Jap bike up there considering their relative newness to bike mfg. I would guess Triumph, Norton or HD.

What's the answer?

Old 11-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Range Rover

honda if you take total wins Also this might truely be unfair because alot of racing from the past is not recorded corectly But the real point is honda has always been good and the rest have cought up now they are all great machines I do know for a fact that our shop has built a 70 hp honda 450 on nos and a 70 hp yfz on nos and the yfz has failed 4 times already and the honda is still on the first piston and they both have hour meters on them and the honda has 5 times the hours of the yamaha on the first piston and cylinder and still runs great and I will say it took more to get 70 hp out of the honda but its still alive

Old 11-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Most professional race bikes and atvs have few stock components, especially in the engine dept. Guaging reliability from one modified engine to another isnt going to prove which machine is necessarily inherently more reliable, just how reliable the guy who built the engine made it.

I really dont understand how people tie pro racing in with production bikes and quads. Gust's ltz barely has a stock part on it, same thing with farr's machine. Most of the time its the rider who's making the biggest differences. A better measure would be recalls and number of service appointments.

I don't care if people have these discusstions, in fact I think its good to inform and discuss with others. I just dont see how any of this has to do with the topic at hand.

Quick Reply: If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!