Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!

Madddog56,

Let me help you figure this out, first post was:

"Whats with these guys who come in just to put this machine in a negative light? I am not talking about honest questions that are looking for real answers. This machine has taken more hits than any other bike that I can remember. Why? Maybe because it has other guys ...a little worried. If you dont like Suzuki OR the King Quad, do us a favor and stay on your side of the fence."

Then a few people were saying yadda yadda yadda Honda #1. Then I said yadda yadda yadda NO they are number 0.25 sharing with SUZ, Kaw, and Yam. Thus supporting the position of the original poster as to why people say the KQ is put into a negative light. I then went on to explain marketing and how the feeble minded are coerced into a product for image and feel good etc... Ok now your up to speed so if you have something to add lets hear it.

As to saying racing results are irrelevant that is absurd. As for speaking to the longevity of an engine it is absolutley critical because oil gallies, main bearings and many internals remain factory spec and stock. Where do you think most of the R & D comes from? An engineer sitting at a desk? It comes from racing programs and trickles into main stream products. So I disagree 100% with your assertion that racing is irrelevant to consumer product development. If you want the best product for racing it is very easy to find and cut through the B.S. Look at what the privateteers ride. They don't have money to rebuild suspensions etc.. They race what they buy with little changes. They want to win so they buy the best they can afford.

I will bring this full circle for maddog56's benefit. How many Honda Rincons are participating in the GNCC races and what order do they finish in as compared to The KQ and other brands. Therfore if the KQ numbers are greater than the Rincon it would follow that a KQ is better suited to that type of environment for whatever factor you choose to list and people should leave the KQ alone and because it is a superior product (just kidding). Fun topic!

Old 11-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Range Rover

Curls you have good points in last post So why dont we just move on and talk quads Because if we keep this up we will have to buy a 12 pack and sit down and flap our jaws

Old 11-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

I have a yamaha yz 250 and a suzuki rm 250, which do I like better??? The Suzuki wins hands down. Better ride quality and better power throughout the powerband. Am I a Suzuki fan?? I wasn't until a few years ago when I looked at motorcycles. My dad has a yamaha virago 1100 and while I liked it there was something missing. I found that in my intruder, then I bought a dirtbike, yamaha was ok, then I found a screamin deal on the suzuki and bought it, the yamaha sits now......... I had honda's but they are no where near the machine as Suzuki has been for ME. I have had my best luck with suzuki....

Old 11-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Honda sucks. (.)

Old 11-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

OK you guys are right enough is enough, and the beers on me! Lots of great points and opinions and believe me I do respect and appreciate them all! It's what makes a forum like this so valuable to the ATV's and off roading community. Thanks for the mental calisthenics.

Bar tender set us up!

Old 11-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Range Rover

I just sold my 05 rm 250 great bike very fast and smooth actualy to much bike for the way I ride I going to buy a --------? and make a dual sport out of it and have a great time riding

Old 11-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Boat,

I do a lot of Dual sport riding. I had a modified XR650 (yea another Honda see I am not biased) for rough dual sport stuff and a KLR 650 for smoother trails. I do a lot of quad camping across the Paiute trail in UT and will pre run the trail on a bike before taking my family across it on the quads. The Dual Sport bikes work great for this and really I don't mind that extra riding time. I can do about 250-300 miles of trail in a day on a bike and maybe 75 with the family in tow on the quads. For rough dual sport stuff look at KTM or modified XR650. In CA you can't make a non licensed bike street legal anymore. Do not consider Honda XL650 or or Suzuki DS650's. They are poor dirt bikes and even worse street bikes. If you have lots of money BMW GS1150 and GS1200 are marginal dirt and incredible street machines. KTM 625/640/950 and the Kawasaki KLR 650 are the best chioces.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

I live about 30 miles from nevada so we figured out how to make it work XR 650 I new deep down you were a honda man HAHAHAHA

Old 11-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want areal dirt bike?,try the new Triumph Scrambler!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

I personally own the '05 Polaris 700 EFI, but like the KQ and think its an excellent machine.

As far as people bashing it or whatever they say about it, thats just people....they don't own one so they say what they want about it...I don't really listen to them, I buy what I like and what I want for my needs.....

Alot of bashing going on in every forum, usually from people from other forums, I won't do that, I enjoy ATVing, no matter what machine I own....I'm always looking to see what the manufacturers are going to come out with next and then I'll decide what my next ATV will be ....

Quick Reply: If you don't like the King Quad...stay home!