Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

snow Tracks for atvs

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snow Tracks for atvs

does anybody know who makes a track for atv that has skis on the front wheels?
i thought i have seen them before but i cant find them on the net, only ones with traks on front and back?
has anybody seen these?

Old 11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have seen these in some dirtwheels mags before....

Old 11-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Trailblazer

i saw them in there too but do you know who makes them???

Old 11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Lightfoot conversions makes tracks for quads. I havent seen many kits for front skis for sportys. i have seen ones that strap on the tires in cabelas and ive seen guys who built their own skis that replace the wheels by modifying snowmobile skis.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Try ADBoivin.com. I am pretty sure they make what you are looking for.Also you can try and Google SNOTRAXX.

Old 11-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Range Rover

I saw skis to strap on to ATV front tires in the Cabela's catalog. Give them a look and see what you think.

Old 11-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

how could skis on the heavy front end of a 4x4 quad beat good tires in four wheel drive??

Old 11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

i checked out the sight and it talked about ice fishing so i think it might be for ice fishers, i dont know how good of flotation you would get with skis on the front and tires on back, i would think you would need a track kit on the back, i was looking at the ADBOVIN web sight and there set up looks nice i just cant find out how much it costs, i think anything over 500 bucks and i would scrap the idea and just buy a sled for winter

Old 11-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Range Rover

Even with brand new stock Dunlops, I wasn't able to go thru heavy snow much deeper than 1.5ft in 4WD. The snow would hit the skid plates and lift the front tires up in the air. I doubt better tires on the front, like the Mudlites, would have helped much more unless the were wider and offered more floatation.

I went back the next weekend and it was alot colder that day. We were cruising around in the same area and for the most part staying on top of the snow, but then the front end would break thru and we'd be stuck with the back end up in the air. I was thinking at the time that some wide skis on the front would be just the ticket since the backend seemed to stay on the surface. I might try to fab some up out of angle iron, aluminum scrap road signs, and a couple tie downs this winter if I get ambitious. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

When it snowed here in Glendale last year, we got about a foot at our house and over 3 up in the hills behind my house. Because the snow was light and powdery, I could go through snow so deep it piled up on the front rack. Now, I know the secret of airing down, maybe you didn't try that... I went down to about 1 psi and it made so much of a difference I can't adequately describe it with words. You just have to see for yourself. If you've ever been to the dunes, you know what I'm talking about.

With my new 589s, I KNOW I'll be able to do even better in the snow. BUT, having grown up in Alaska and riding snowmachines every winter, I can tell you that a fourwheeler will never be able to do as well as a snowmachine in deep snow. Just ain't gonna happen. Probably not even with those Lightfoot Mattracks you can buy for 4G's.

An experiment with skis might be fun, though... let us know how it works out, and take some pics!

Quick Reply: snow Tracks for atvs