California Red Sticker Issues on my new King Quad..... BAD NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:51 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default California Red Sticker Issues on my new King Quad..... BAD NEWS

Originally posted by: dshoe

If so, then how did you and your neighbor get green stickers, but 56 could not? Or, if your digits/letters are different, then why is that the case? Or, has CA DMV recently changed some laws/rules as far as OHV equipment is concerned?
The calif DMV is not the most consistant place around. Sort of like the IRS. I have a '04 Yamoto 150 and it got a green sticker.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver
That's great you got a green sticker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, what is going to happen in 2 years when the computer shows you still have a 3 or a C for the 8th digit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Will it then, send you a red sticker???? Just curious[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
It will be grandfathered in by then........ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Secondly, I'll most likely have traded it or sold it for the next best thing...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

What a mess that sounds like. Thank goodness the greenies haven't been able to impose this red/green sticker bull crap in the other 49 states.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer

Very glad to hear they gave you the right one now.. that would really suck to buy a new quad and be told that you can only ride in certain areas.. hope it works out once again the next time stickers are issued.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: 56Nomad
That's great you got a green sticker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, what is going to happen in 2 years when the computer shows you still have a 3 or a C for the 8th digit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Will it then, send you a red sticker???? Just curious[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
It will be grandfathered in by then........ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Secondly, I'll most likely have traded it or sold it for the next best thing...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
If it is that is great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, grandfathered in only happened for pre-'03's. However, your problem will be solved when you trade it or sell it before then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] like you stated. Ride safely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: ajd187
What a mess that sounds like. Thank goodness the greenies haven't been able to impose this red/green sticker bull crap in the other 49 states.
You can only hope[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I read an article where Oregon and Washington are looking at adopting Ca. emission standards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] NOT GOOD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Range Rover

You can only hope[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I read an article where Oregon and Washington are looking at adopting Ca. emission standards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] NOT GOOD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Thank God I ride a 96 Banshee!!!

Old 11-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider

Well here in NY all the trails are either private land or parks owned by private companies. But there are a lot of envirotards here so I would expect some sort of sticker system once we get a state trail system (if that ever happens).

Old 11-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Well here in NY all the trails are either private land or parks owned by private companies. But there are a lot of envirotards here so I would expect some sort of sticker system once we get a state trail system (if that ever happens).
I might be in the minority on my thoughts here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I think for the most part, our sticker system is good. We have a lot of riding parks that the state maintains and operates. Not including federal land and county parks. Sure, they could use some more work, expansions and this gree/red sticker is a pain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, if you research quads and buy one that does meet the emissions standards, or pre'03 models, then you are alright. Plus, you DO NOT have to register your quad in California[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You only need to register it, if you ride on public land or transport it on the roadway and unlike cars on the roadway, we only pay $25 every two years for registration.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

My next project is to get this puppy street legal and push the envelope
I'll need to add:
Turn signals
Mirrors
A windshield
What else......? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: California Red Sticker Issues on my new King Quad..... BAD NEWS