Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Before doing something like a rebuild again I think I need to adopt the one up one down concept. Have a running quad while the other is being rebuilt or upgraded. I called Kustom Kraft last week and he said he had two other projects ahead of mine but he would try to get it done and sent out early this week. I haven't heard anything from the local machinist whom has my cylinder head doing the valve/milling job, guess I need to give him a call and find where he is at.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

Before doing something like a rebuild again I think I need to adopt the one up one down concept. Have a running quad while the other is being rebuilt or upgraded. I called Kustom Kraft last week and he said he had two other projects ahead of mine but he would try to get it done and sent out early this week. I haven't heard anything from the local machinist whom has my cylinder head doing the valve/milling job, guess I need to give him a call and find where he is at.</end quote></div>

I understand completely!! I think the only reason I stuck with it for as long as I have was I had the 400ex as a back up.. Now I have another EX but am not allowed to ride yet (atleast to my ballz out standards)

We both need someone like Randy closer to us!! The long distance guidence is awesome,,,, But I need more hands on help if I am to complete this in a timely manner.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Timely not's my thing either. I'm going as fast as I can while juggling a dozen other projects, but waiting on everybody else it the hard part. I have to wait on a flywheel puller. Then wait on Kustom Kraft. Then get my engine apart and send off the crank and wait on Vince. But, that gives me plenty of time to figure out how I want to do the port job and whether or not to use a bigger valve or not and who is gonna do that work.... Little projects like give me big respect for bridge and dam builders, lol.

And all this distraction has me forgetting everything I was bitching about a couple months ago when I first tore this thing apart. My carb slide is worn out on my brand new 28mm. I just remembered that when I put the carb on the lakota last night. My bud still has the ford 9 inch axle shaft and still hasnt made my swingarm part so I can get to welding a new swingarm. I still have blown tie rod ends to deal with. I still need to decide on a drive chain and get that ordered. Oh yeah, just remembered too I need a cam chain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] This is gonna be a looooooong project..... In the mean time I have a garage and house to build. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Plus all the regular ordinary stuff everybody does everyday.... The good thing is I have a bayou with big tires and a flooded back yard (over 1ft deep) to play in. Plus a goofy 2005 250EX if I really want to zoom around a little. And my bud still has a 230 and a 250 quadsport I can play on if I really get to jonesin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And my new "digger" should be arriving this week sometime... That should really slow everything else down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

My schedule just got a little bit crazier recently. We have moved to nothing but 12 hour shifts on a modified panama schedule. So either I am working 12 hour day shift or a 12 hour grave shift and with driving times etc it works out to be a 14 hour day minimum with a day or 2 break inbetween. Next week I go to the NCO Academy for about 2 months, so it will be a monday thru friday thing but I will be doing nothing but drilling, uniform inspections, writing ALOT of papers and speeches so my off time will be extremely limited. I'm started to get burnt out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

My schedule just got a little bit crazier recently. We have moved to nothing but 12 hour shifts on a modified panama schedule. So either I am working 12 hour day shift or a 12 hour grave shift and with driving times etc it works out to be a 14 hour day minimum with a day or 2 break inbetween. Next week I go to the NCO Academy for about 2 months, so it will be a monday thru friday thing but I will be doing nothing but drilling, uniform inspections, writing ALOT of papers and speeches so my off time will be extremely limited. I'm started to get burnt out.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Well the NCO stuff will make a better retirement grade of pay though, correct?
Thats more $ to sink into your anti boredom, shadetree mechanic lifestyle when your ritired military life begins.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I can't make anymore rank until I have this PME (Professional Military Education) under my belt. Well got to get ready to roll out, leave the house at 4:00 pm will get back at 6:00 am and then do it all over tomorrow...blah[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Just came back from a little ride on the EX at my local OHV park..........
This thing rips!!!! Called my bud, turns out it is an 01 "440"EX with stage 2 web cam!!!! Wow!!!!!! The only thing missing is suspension.. Gforce, if you are thinking about an EX, you will miss how "small" the 230 is in comparison.. Don't get me wrong, the thing is fun with a TON of power on tap thru every gear, but I can't toss it around like I can the 230!!! Compared to the QS, it is very long, i dunno just different.. I miss the smallness... I guess u could say. Back when I raced dirt bikes, when I went from 125cc to 250cc, I lost a TON of races for the first 3-5 months... I was so used to making up time on ballzz and finese, that it took me forever to ride the power of the new bike.. It is just different I guess is what I am trying to say.... Actually, I have no idea what I am trying to say!!! My heart is pounding (and knee), from the fact I rode something..............

No, I haven't been drinking, and I gave up the pain pills.........

Riding is good even when it is bad, and every bike rides different, but the 230 lifts my skirt like no other, is what I am trying to say!!! I guess that is what I am trying to say![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] Now it is beer time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My schedule just got a little bit crazier recently. We have moved to nothing but 12 hour shifts on a modified panama schedule. So either I am working 12 hour day shift or a 12 hour grave shift and with driving times etc it works out to be a 14 hour day minimum with a day or 2 break inbetween. Next week I go to the NCO Academy for about 2 months, so it will be a monday thru friday thing but I will be doing nothing but drilling, uniform inspections, writing ALOT of papers and speeches so my off time will be extremely limited. I'm started to get burnt out.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I know how you feel there too. I used to work like that in roofing. Wake up, go bust *** all day, come home, eat, sleep, wake up , go bust ***, etc, etc... I think with a schedule like that, I was spending more than just "time" at work.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Just came back from a little ride on the EX at my local OHV park..........

This thing rips!!!! Called my bud, turns out it is an 01 "440"EX with stage 2 web cam!!!! Wow!!!!!! The only thing missing is suspension.. Gforce, if you are thinking about an EX, you will miss how "small" the 230 is in comparison.. Don't get me wrong, the thing is fun with a TON of power on tap thru every gear, but I can't toss it around like I can the 230!!! Compared to the QS, it is very long, i dunno just different.. I miss the smallness... I guess u could say. Back when I raced dirt bikes, when I went from 125cc to 250cc, I lost a TON of races for the first 3-5 months... I was so used to making up time on ballzz and finese, that it took me forever to ride the power of the new bike.. It is just different I guess is what I am trying to say.... Actually, I have no idea what I am trying to say!!! My heart is pounding (and knee), from the fact I rode something..............

No, I haven't been drinking, and I gave up the pain pills.........

Riding is good even when it is bad, and every bike rides different, but the 230 lifts my skirt like no other, is what I am trying to say!!! I guess that is what I am trying to say![img][/img] Now it is beer time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</end quote></div>

You just can't compare the ride of a good 2-stroke 80cc or a 125cc. Maybe not the fastest things in the world, but LOTS of fun. I'd like to make the 230 even lighter. Imagine a 230 engine in a R450 frame. It could be as light as 250lbs maybe.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

I would love to make the230 lighter. I agree the smalness is my favorite part about the 230. I wold like to see someone produce an alluminum frame for the 230. I'd buy it.

I usually use the boxes from power wheels that I get from the local benny's for frames. I just inside out them and trim the width to fit the frame I am packing.. bubble wrap the corners and shrink wrap the entire thing to hold the bubble wrap. Ups will take about anything freight.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.