Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Clean_salvaged_BRI

I GOT ROBBED. two days ago my place got robbed while I was at the shop. I did not call the cops due to who I thought it was and there age(first floor daughter) today I am home late morning when I usually am not and I was sleepin in, I heard a noise at the back door and got up. I walked into the kitchen and when my floor squeeked i heard an object drop and someone start hhuallin *** down the stairs. I raced to the door and down the stairs ready to kill. by the time I got to the bottom, nothin and the bottom outside door never opened. I turned around and punched the first floor door until I got an answer. I asked the mom who just ran into her house and she said noone. she also said her daughter was in foster. I then went to the second floor and met the 16 year old kid in the hallway. He said that he heard running down the stairs but saw nothing. I went upstairs and found the knife they were triing to get in with. the mother comes home and I asked her to come upstairs for a chat. I told her all that had happened and about a few days earlier what I was missing. she was in dissbelief at first. when I showed her the knife I knew by her reaction it was her sons. she said she would find out and I told her she had til the morning before I cal the police. she came back with the kid and he is saying he thinks he knows who it is and was going to get my ****. I had a hard time following this bullshit without just beatin the kid. I figure I am gonna let him think he is scott free and after I get my stuff I am gonna call the cops to teach the ***** a lesson.

Hey big mc I haven't forgotten about you just been a bit ROBBED lately.

Randy, I still have a stock bore on this top end.</end quote></div>

Man! You KNOW I feel your pain!! I hope you catch the twerps!!

Old 02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I hate thieves! Hope you get your stuff back Bri.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Range Rover

yes i do know how you felt now PG. I got the wifes mac back and 50 bucks from the beer and booze. I am still waiting for some stuff, and the decision on involving police. I feel I should, this ***** invaded my space and probably dissturbed all my animals.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

well I think PG had it worse then me, cuase he lost hobby stuff (that sucks) if my 230 was missing I'd of lost my head. and the cops would all ready be involved.

anyway I am at the shop and should be workin I shall check in in a bit.

I will be here all night, got a piston job to do on my 230 when I finish my listings tonight. probably start at midnight, with hopes of being done by sunrise with all of my list of to-do's on the 230

Old 02-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

well, went to suzuki for my stator today, and of course it was the wrong one! I swear, I am never going to be able to ride my quad in the snow. If my quad is running, it won't snow, the second something happens and it needs servicing, it snows!

So the stator was an aftermarket from moose, which was the totaly wrong one. I'm not quite sure what the guy was thinking. Anyone have a moose stator? It says on the web site, a single source coil for ignition which fits on the oem base plate. Which I'm guessing means it's only the ignition coil! I need the lighting coil (i think), and probaly the pickup.

Here's what happened:

riding for an hour no problems. riding for another hour next day, quad shuts off after back firing. Find out theres no spark. Pull off magneto cover, and the lighting coil is like a birds nest! When I fixed the cover from the chain off syndrome I didn't know u had to loctite the 3 nuts that hold the base plate on. They came loose and the stator went bye bye. The primary looked ok (had a ding on magnet), and so does the pickup. The lighting coil was totaly broken off and stuck to the flywheel (magneticly stuck, so I tossed it). It seems there is only 1 wire to the lighting coil.

So, slow me figured I might be able to make the whole thing work w/o buying new parts. I don't have lights or a battery so why do I need a lighting coil? But what to do with that wire that was going to the coil? I tried grounding it to the base plate, but that didn't work. I tried leaving it hang in the middle not touching anything, that didn't work. So after all that I ended up ruining my new gasket, and shifter seal.

So, either it won't create spark without the lighting coil and the primary coil, or my pickup, or primary coil are trash too. The guy in suzuki's service told me that when something like that happens it usually takes the pickup with it, even if it looks fine.

So now my options are order the entire stator for $290 at suzuki, or $206 online. Or buy the parts seperately online, lighting coil $37, Primary $56, Pickup $36. And use my old baseplate, which means I have to de solder, and re solder, and pray.

So more than likely I will be waiting til next paycheck and get the whole stator assembly online and not mess around. Depending of course, on what you guys say. I mean, if I don't need the lighting coil til I get lights, and maybe my primary is ok, I can just spend $36 on the pickup and be in business. I don't know.

Can anyone help? Theres 3-4 inches of snow and my quad is in the garage, bummer.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:50 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's always snowman building. Does that help?<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: defconatv

well, went to suzuki for my stator today, and of course it was the wrong one! I swear, I am never going to be able to ride my quad in the snow. If my quad is running, it won't snow, the second something happens and it needs servicing, it snows!

So the stator was an aftermarket from moose, which was the totaly wrong one. I'm not quite sure what the guy was thinking. Anyone have a moose stator? It says on the web site, a single source coil for ignition which fits on the oem base plate. Which I'm guessing means it's only the ignition coil! I need the lighting coil (i think), and probaly the pickup.

Here's what happened:

riding for an hour no problems. riding for another hour next day, quad shuts off after back firing. Find out theres no spark. Pull off magneto cover, and the lighting coil is like a birds nest! When I fixed the cover from the chain off syndrome I didn't know u had to loctite the 3 nuts that hold the base plate on. They came loose and the stator went bye bye. The primary looked ok (had a ding on magnet), and so does the pickup. The lighting coil was totaly broken off and stuck to the flywheel (magneticly stuck, so I tossed it). It seems there is only 1 wire to the lighting coil.

So, slow me figured I might be able to make the whole thing work w/o buying new parts. I don't have lights or a battery so why do I need a lighting coil? But what to do with that wire that was going to the coil? I tried grounding it to the base plate, but that didn't work. I tried leaving it hang in the middle not touching anything, that didn't work. So after all that I ended up ruining my new gasket, and shifter seal.

So, either it won't create spark without the lighting coil and the primary coil, or my pickup, or primary coil are trash too. The guy in suzuki's service told me that when something like that happens it usually takes the pickup with it, even if it looks fine.

So now my options are order the entire stator for $290 at suzuki, or $206 online. Or buy the parts seperately online, lighting coil $37, Primary $56, Pickup $36. And use my old baseplate, which means I have to de solder, and re solder, and pray.

So more than likely I will be waiting til next paycheck and get the whole stator assembly online and not mess around. Depending of course, on what you guys say. I mean, if I don't need the lighting coil til I get lights, and maybe my primary is ok, I can just spend $36 on the pickup and be in business. I don't know.

Can anyone help? Theres 3-4 inches of snow and my quad is in the garage, bummer.</end quote></div>

Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

only if i can run through it with my quad when it's built[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 PM
BigMc

GOOD ANSWER!!!!!<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: defconatv

only if i can run through it with my quad when it's built[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Old 02-22-2008, 09:15 PM
BigMc

Hey big mc I haven't forgotten about you just been a bit ROBBED lately.

No worries BRO or BRI.......anyway.....
Id like to think I buy stuff so cheap that, well, you get the idea.......................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 PM
BigMc

focus on what??????? I like flexable......
Again ill say, you aint right PG. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Focus PG focus.........Awe, screw it! http://www.break.com/index/bal...rfect-girlfriends.html</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.