Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

The 250 raptor is nice, but is even more loot than you could possibly throw at the 230. Then again,,,, its on payments so its easier.</end quote></div>

right now i could get the parts i need through ebay for a decent price. but its not like i have some nostalgia (sp?) with this quad. i didnt have one when i was younger, i didnt dream of this machine at night or anything. so i cant see putting money into something i 20 years old that i was just gonna tool around on.

the raptor looks real nice (even though it doesnt have reverse). right now a local shop has the SE for $2999 before tax and what not. so i think the monthly payment would be about the same as the price i'm paying for smokes. if i quit smoking i can call it even and pick up the raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

The 250 is wider, longer, better shocks, and has bigger bore and a longer rod for higher revving. Basically, the 250 is a "done-up" 230 and should run off and leave you in pretty much any trail or road. That's why I was wondering.</end quote></div>

Haha well his is pretty beat the motor runs excellent but everything else is shot and he's bone stock. Mines been widened, all new shocks, offset rims, brand new tires, all new bushings... stock vs stock both in decent shape, you're right id be left in the dust all around

Old 05-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My bud has the 250 same color as your bud has (probably same year too). His compression is so bad, you could probably set an empty can of beer on the kicker and it would go down, lol. But he keeps up with me pretty well.... That thing runs and rides like a cloud. Mine rides more like an old log wagon.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bruincat

The 250 raptor is nice, but is even more loot than you could possibly throw at the 230. Then again,,,, its on payments so its easier.</end quote></div>

right now i could get the parts i need through ebay for a decent price. but its not like i have some nostalgia (sp?) with this quad. i didnt have one when i was younger, i didnt dream of this machine at night or anything. so i cant see putting money into something i 20 years old that i was just gonna tool around on.

the raptor looks real nice (even though it doesnt have reverse). right now a local shop has the SE for $2999 before tax and what not. so i think the monthly payment would be about the same as the price i'm paying for smokes. if i quit smoking i can call it even and pick up the raptor [img][/img] .</end quote></div>

Think you can quit? I quit every night before bed, lol.

I'll have just short of $3000 in mine when I'm done. But it will be wider, longer, lighter, and have a more powerful engine than the raptor.... AND be something old everybody wants to jabber-jaw about. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The hard part is the long waiting and hard work. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer

well we outa put those 2 machines together and make one hell of a 250s haha. Id like to see how they are meant to ride with good compression AND decent suspention

Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

speaking of compression... How hard are these things supposed to be to start? I weigh 195 and if i don't use the decompression lever i can stand on the kick starter without it moving

Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bd99

speaking of compression... How hard are these things supposed to be to start? I weigh 195 and if i don't use the decompression lever i can stand on the kick starter without it moving</end quote></div>

That's the way it should be! I could almost flip the whole quad by standing to the side and jumping on the kicker, lol.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well we outa put those 2 machines together and make one hell of a 250s haha. Id like to see how they are meant to ride with good compression AND decent suspention</end quote></div>

Yeah, I've been wanting him to rebuild it, but he'd rather sink money into other things.....like beer n food, lol.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

speaking of compression... How hard are these things supposed to be to start? I weigh 195 and if i don't use the decompression lever i can stand on the kick starter without it moving</end quote></div>

I never had to use the decompression lever (didn't even know what it was) till the big bores.. Pre big bore I had a ton of compression, I forget the exact #'s but 200psi sounds about right.. Kicked over on first try with one easy kick, everytime..
With the big bores, 1st or 2nd kick with decompression lever.. I come from a racing back ground, the re is an art form to the kick start.. What I didn't learn from racing, I learned from kicking over my Pop's old v twins.. get it right the first time, or pay..

Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

dam well that's good to hear! I thought something might be binding up on m somehow. It took a while to get used to kicking it sideways and for a couple weeks i had no idea what that lever over the clutch was so i never pulled it lol. Thank god it rarely takes more than 2 kicks!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.