Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Nice mowhawk!!

When I could grow hair, I was sportin a "hawk" for many years!!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Nice mowhawk!!

When I could grow hair, I was sportin a "hawk" for many years!!</end quote></div>

Mine's naturally that way, lol.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

Ive been messing around with that "large" carb on my 230 for hours now with no luck whatsoever. it either has no nut and wont idle, or it bogs and spits at WOT. I think i'm gonna see what kinda luck i can get with the stock carb i bought off eBay. I just rebuilt it and have all the parts for it, I'm just waiting on the throttle spring that i ordered. turns out the shop down the road from me had an old 230s carb buried under hundreds of other carbs in bins that i dug threw in the back room under the stairs. It had all the parts i needed other than the spring.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

http://forums.atvconnection.co...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Read in there somewhere is a guy that got his 32mm to work with little effort. He might have gave some clues.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Rant for the day: Name:  soapbox.gif
Views: 21
Size:  8.8 KB

There is not a 18volt cordless drill worth more than a sack of ****. At this point, I'd just about rather have a big sack of cow **** than another 18volt drill! Name:  bull.gif
Views: 10
Size:  10.7 KB

I had 5 craftsman 14.4 volt drills since 2000 and they still work perfectly. The only trouble is all 10 of the batteries finally gave up n won't charge and I'm down to only 1 working charger. I've beat the hell out of those craftsman drills too. Dropped them from rooftops, dragged them across gravel 1000's of times, run them until they were so hot they shut down,,,, even used them to drill 3/4 inch holes in 1/2 steel bars many times. None ever gave me the first bit of trouble! Name:  xyxthumbs.gif
Views: 24
Size:  139 Bytes

So, I figured I'd try an 18 volt craftsman for a change n see. The first day I used a 1/2 drill bit n tried to drill some steel..... the transmission in it explodes. I got my money back! Well, maybe dewalt make better stuff.... Name:  wondering.gif
Views: 25
Size:  382 Bytes I got 2 of em at the big black friday sale last season. A few months later I noticed the chuck was bent on 1 of em. Oh crap, better baby the other one! I took the bad one back to Lowes n they sent it off for warranty work. A month later (today), I get it back to find all they did was wash it and put new labels on it. Name:  wtf.gif
Views: 24
Size:  2.0 KB Ok, so off it goes again. Good thing I checked before I left the store. So, lets see.... $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 in gas = $40 for repair work and the possibility of $25 to $50 more that they may still charge me. That's adds up to the same price I paid for the POS in the first place! Name:  firedevil.gif
Views: 19
Size:  14.2 KB

If you're hard on tools like me, save yourself a headache n just get a MAX of 14.4 volt drill. Anymore power than that and you'll either break your drill or your arm!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

Hmm well maybe ill give the 32mm another shot I didnt mess around too much with the needle.

And about your rant I totally agree those dewalts, miwakees, Mikitas.. are waaay overpriced. I went with the cheapo Ryobi 1+ set and couldn't be happier with it the batteries are interchangeable with the sawzall, drill, radio, circular saw, hammer drill, vacuum cleaner, flashlight.... and anything else you could imagine. I figured it'd be a POS since its so cheap but the things laster me 2 years no problems. I'm an electrician and use the tools daily and they take a beating. they just came out with a lithium ion battery upgrade thats supposed to last 3x longer with twice the power and you can use em in the old style tools.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, I know a guy that got those ryobis and was happy too.

I thought about getting the ryobis last time when I got the dewalts. But I have a band saw that is made by ryobi that I had to balance the wheels on myself (it would almost shake itself off the bench!), so I wasn't too thrilled at the time when staring at a box of 20 tools for $29.99 or whatever, lol. I just want something that will take the abuse and last like the old stuff used too. For some reason, every year they have to "improve" stuff and its NEVER as good as it was before.

Oh, I had those Hitachi Lithium ion drills for a while. No complaints about the batteries, but the drill won't go slow like the dewalts and craftsmans do. So I took it back. Lithium ion should be good stuff when the price comes down.

I guess what I'm saying is there is no way to get the 18volt power in something lightweight that doesn't take 2 hands to hold on to. Bent chucks, blown trannies, n all that = too much power. Maybe I should look into something industrial, lol.

Btw, I used to be a roofer by trade.... 10 yrs. I got the big suitcase looking craftsman setup way back in 99 or 2000 or so. I wanted the little circle saw for working on the roof. Then, I needed more batteries and the only way to get more batteries was to buy another drill (or pay $50 per battery [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]). A drill came with 2 batteries, charger, and a set of bits for $90 something. I ended up with 5 drills before it was over. Turned out to be one of my better investments. Just wish I could find a load of those old 14.4 batteries on ebay. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

I was looking at something similar to this but couldn't bring myself to buy it. Maybe your brave enough to give it a shot...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBay.......................

Old 05-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I don't know..... I'm pretty convinced there's no cheap way to do it. I took one apart before and got numbers off each cell n all that stuff. Then tried to find a place online that sells soldiered cells cheap enough to make it worth all the time (coz I don't want to build or buy a spot-welder). Name:  conf44.gif
Views: 14
Size:  4.4 KB I couldn't do it.

One thing with the dewalts is I don't want more power. It will darn near rip my arm off in low gear if I'm off my game a little. Its always those 1/2 or more holes in 1/4 inch or thicker steel that gives "mental preparation" its high ratings. Name:  coffee.gif
Views: 19
Size:  8.4 KB Coming out the other side of the hole I always get a little nervous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The drill suddenly tries to bite off more than it can chew and the bit stops....

And the other problem I have is I've seen battery restoring thingys online that use square waves n who-knows-what-else to restore batteries to a certain % of original specs.... And they cost $500+ for the ones I've seen (at least that's about the way I remember it).

I'd also think if something like that got out on the net, it would be a staple knowledge by now.

What do you think?

Old 05-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I might try this sometime: http://www.coldc.com/batthelp.html#cads

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.