Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 10:46 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Originally posted by: PoolGod230
My bad, going to look at the 85 basket case Tuesday, will let you know. Is 85 when the H20 cooled began?
Yes it is. Its funny to, Ive always heard that when it come's to giving new life to a machine, the closer to first or last in production you get, the better it is.
Well the 85 was the first water cooled ATC and the 86 was the last. Cant go wrong there.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:47 PM
BigMc

I keep staring at the "Pro Link" swingarm on the ATC..... Son! How can I mate this to my lil 230?? Probably the sweetest set up ever. GOD, I need to stop thinking!
The quadracer had one............................................... .................................................. ......................

Old 03-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: BigMc
I keep staring at the "Pro Link" swingarm on the ATC..... Son! How can I mate this to my lil 230?? Probably the sweetest set up ever. GOD, I need to stop thinking!
The quadracer had one............................................... .................................................. ......................
In the words of Firemarshall Bill, REAHEEEAALLY???????????

250R? or 500R?

Old 03-23-2007, 10:54 PM
BigMc

P.G.230
Who was asking you about your stage 1 cam? I could look myself but, its easier to ask you. Besides, you may have worked a deal already.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

ryanopeki,I probably spelled wrong. That cam is going into my wifes quad. And my old carb. The clutchless 230E needs a tad more umph!!! This is per her request!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, I love that woman![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2007, 11:06 PM
BigMc

ryanopeki,I probably spelled wrong. That cam is going into my wifes quad. And my old carb. The clutchless 230E needs a tad more umph!!! This is per her request!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, I love that woman![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I have one in my parts bin. FYI and all ya know.
A better half that loves quads and a 230 @ that. Does she have any sisters?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I'm not picky on who I buy from. Just want this thing to run better. I think I'm just gonna go with the DG exhaust. If I got the cam I guess it would be worth it to find a bigger carb too.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:55 PM
BigMc

Originally posted by: ryankopecki
Well, I'm not picky on who I buy from. Just want this thing to run better. I think I'm just gonna go with the DG exhaust. If I got the cam I guess it would be worth it to find a bigger carb too.
Well, it didnt take much bait to catch that one, did it. And whatcha mean JUST gonna go with a DG?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
For the money, it cant be beat.
You do what you want but, with a stage 1, I would not even consider a larger carb. You will spend more time sitting on a flooded machine than riding with your buddies.
A re-jet would be needed, but that's it.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well if a bigger carb isn't gonna help me out, then I won't get one. So I guess a uni air filter, no intake box cover, a cam, and a dg exhaust should be enough for the power side. Now I have to work on suspension. I guess I'm gonna do the +4 on the swingarm. It'll help keep the front on the ground and I think the quads look a lot better with it. I plan on doing it a little differently than most here though. I want to lengthen it in front of the shock mount and use a longer shock off another quad. I think I'll have to modify the air box a little to do it this way though. Something needs to be done with the front end. On most newer sport quads the outsides of the front tires are about even with the outsides of the rear tires, but our old 230s have a narrower front. I'm thinking at least a +4 wide, maybe even a +6 would be good. So what do yall know about widening the fronts of these things?

Old 03-24-2007, 08:57 PM
BigMc

Originally posted by: ryankopecki
Well if a bigger carb isn't gonna help me out, then I won't get one. So I guess a uni air filter, no intake box cover, a cam, and a dg exhaust should be enough for the power side. Now I have to work on suspension. I guess I'm gonna do the +4 on the swingarm. It'll help keep the front on the ground and I think the quads look a lot better with it. I plan on doing it a little differently than most here though. I want to lengthen it in front of the shock mount and use a longer shock off another quad. I think I'll have to modify the air box a little to do it this way though. Something needs to be done with the front end. On most newer sport quads the outsides of the front tires are about even with the outsides of the rear tires, but our old 230s have a narrower front. I'm thinking at least a +4 wide, maybe even a +6 would be good. So what do yall know about widening the fronts of these things?
I agree. The front needs a wider track. I use stock arms, wheel spacers, 1.5" per side and off set front wheels, 2 +5 offset. It gives me a total of +6 trac.
This brings the front out even with the rear, stock length axle with 3 +6 wheels.
If you are thinking of extending the swinger forward of the shock mount, The pro link set up would be the trick. I have been playing around with this idea myself. Adapt the rear boinger from a later model Q.R. to the 230 and your set.
You can use a stock length 230 shock, this gives you the travel you need and also lowers the center of gravity without loosing ground clearence.

Sounds like a great idea.
BigMc.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.