Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Watch the movie. Pan Qing Fu said nobody was fit to play his part, so he did it. Anyway, the movie is choked full of those little sayings and bits of wisdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Qingfu

http://forum.kungfumagazine.co...index.php/t-15151.html

If you was half as tough as that little guy, you'd be twice as tough as anyone else.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Atvman, sorry to say, but you were ripped off. I measured my friends 250s rods and they were 10.25 end-to-end not counting the nuts or anything else. The 230 rods were 8.75. That's the 1.5 you were looking for. Did you leave feedback yet?</end quote></div>

Surely did not, and he's about to get an ear full!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: UGLY88

I think I found a machinist. Turns out one of our sponsors for the sheet race car is a sheet metal guy who used to be a machinest and still has a lathe and mill. SO when we go see him to get out fuel cell cage redone, I will take some measurements with and see if is willing to help a guy out.</end quote></div>

What kind of race car?</end quote></div>

It is just a left hander, circle tracker. Limited late model class.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know the size of the axle wrench I would need for the 230? I am having trouble with some axle nuts. I have one side off but the sprocket side wil not budge with the pipe wrenches.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Once again, personal responsibility. As strange as it may sound, I consider you my friend, as such I would mess with you non stop if you were riding with me not wearing a helmet. But as an adult and good humanbeing with a ton of common sense, you take on the risk of such an activity knowing that you may well hurt yourself, with no thought of bringing a lawsuit against someone or something cause you were an idiot! No, I am not calling you an idiot, you know what I am trying to get across..I would defend you and others to the END! Example, dude breaks into my vehicle in front of my house, I run them off with a legal firearm, NOW I BECOME THE CRIMINAL???? And Yes it has happened........ Come on.. There is right and there is wrong, and this country, no, this WORLD has decided to champion wrong over right!!</end quote></div>

I know what you're saying. I assume the risk and why would I sue anyone? I'm not going to ride in a manner that I feel is all that risky. Sure, I guess a tire could blow out or I could clip a tree (it comes close on my trails at home) or a variety of other accidents, but I just slow down and lower the risk. If I want to go full bore while I'm half tanked, then I strap the bucket on. If I'm not willing to get hurt at all, I don't swing a leg over any kind of machine.

I was a roofer for 10 yrs. I had plenty of chances to get forked up. That's part of the reason I quit.... I've played the odds so long I figured I'd better get out before I found out what my *** tastes like. I love the work though, I just didn't take any chances. Always had the ladder setup right, always had a way out if I started sliding, etc. Always thinking and always scared. Even after 10 yrs, my legs still shake when I go up higher than 10ft or so for the 1st few hours of the day. Fear is what keeps me safe. I could get hurt with 10 helmets on if I had no fear. Riding responsibly is just that, knowing your limits.

We're definitely friends. I'd have your back for all I'm worth! Don't want to get all mushy, but you know where I'm coming from. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Man screw roofing, I'm not scared of heights but I am afraid of dangerous heights! I got up on the roof of out cabin last fall to sweep off some of the branches and stuff and the ladder was a little too short (and wooden and about 40 years old!) so I had to pull my self up onto the roof like you do getting out of a pool or something and once I was up, I realized how dumb that was!

Well, when it came time to get down I was creeping to the edge on my belly trying to find the ladder with my feet dangling off the edge, heart pounding like a jack hammer the whole time! But I got down with the only casualty being my dignity. But that comes back eventually! haha!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Once again, personal responsibility. As strange as it may sound, I consider you my friend, as such I would mess with you non stop if you were riding with me not wearing a helmet. But as an adult and good humanbeing with a ton of common sense, you take on the risk of such an activity knowing that you may well hurt yourself, with no thought of bringing a lawsuit against someone or something cause you were an idiot! No, I am not calling you an idiot, you know what I am trying to get across..I would defend you and others to the END! Example, dude breaks into my vehicle in front of my house, I run them off with a legal firearm, NOW I BECOME THE CRIMINAL???? And Yes it has happened........ Come on.. There is right and there is wrong, and this country, no, this WORLD has decided to champion wrong over right!!</end quote></div>

I know what you're saying. I assume the risk and why would I sue anyone? I'm not going to ride in a manner that I feel is all that risky. Sure, I guess a tire could blow out or I could clip a tree (it comes close on my trails at home) or a variety of other accidents, but I just slow down and lower the risk. If I want to go full bore while I'm half tanked, then I strap the bucket on. If I'm not willing to get hurt at all, I don't swing a leg over any kind of machine.

I was a roofer for 10 yrs. I had plenty of chances to get forked up. That's part of the reason I quit.... I've played the odds so long I figured I'd better get out before I found out what my *** tastes like. I love the work though, I just didn't take any chances. Always had the ladder setup right, always had a way out if I started sliding, etc. Always thinking and always scared. Even after 10 yrs, my legs still shake when I go up higher than 10ft or so for the 1st few hours of the day. Fear is what keeps me safe. I could get hurt with 10 helmets on if I had no fear. Riding responsibly is just that, knowing your limits.

We're definitely friends. I'd have your back for all I'm worth! Don't want to get all mushy, but you know where I'm coming from. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sniff, sniff, I love you man![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Just adorable guys! lol

Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

PG, you ever seen the flick "Iron and Silk"? If not, you should.</end quote></div>

Read the book, but have not seen the flick...........</end quote></div>

Have you guys seen that new movie Taken? We watched that this weekend up at the cabin and dang! That movie is BA! You just want to go chop some human trafficker throats!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Tomorrow night I'm going to get to work on the front end and see how much I can get done. Hopefully everything but the tie-rods will get done. Then I'll just put on the other tie-rods if I can get them off this guy. If I can get some money back, I'll just keep them,extend them, and sleeve them.

I'll be sure to make the night a photo documentary. I charged my camera battery just for it!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I think I found a machinist. Turns out one of our sponsors for the sheet race car is a sheet metal guy who used to be a machinest and still has a lathe and mill. SO when we go see him to get out fuel cell cage redone, I will take some measurements with and see if is willing to help a guy out.</end quote></div>

What kind of race car?</end quote></div>

It is just a left hander, circle tracker. Limited late model class.</end quote></div>

How far do you guys travel? Or do you just have a local track?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and I decided my light is coming off tomorrow. Its just killing the whole mojo of my vehicle!

Still haven't decided how to replace it though, I'll come up with something though!

Maybe I'll try to get a couple more discs onto the Supertrapp tomorrow too.

My boss bought an 08 Outlaw 525 IRS a month or so ago and he just put an FMF pipe on there, and wow! Best sounding bike ever! I haven't ridden it, but my coworker with the Z400 said it makes his Z feel very docile by comparison!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.