Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Yep! I'll be giving you more credit for the specs section when I have a bit of time.

If you put up some pics I could put those on there too!! Or maybe one of your famous how-to articles!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

I seen picasa a long time ago when I was looking for a photobucket replacement. I didn't hang around there long. Seemed like it didn't do too much and it surely didn't do much of anything photobucket does (ie posting IMG links). Same goes for all the others.... There's just no replacement for photbucket. Where else can you store all your pics for free and post them on forums whenever you like?
The only reason I signed up for Picasa was to use it with my new phone. The G1 uses an operating system called Android which is made by Google, so all of google's services work really well with the phone, i.e. I can take a pic with my phone and upload it directly to Picasa.

You can get IMG codes, but I don't know how to do it from my phone yet.

But like you said, nothing that makes it better than photobucket in any way.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Alright, here's what jumping a 30' tabletop does to your foot pegs:

Old 05-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

I have a good feeling those bolts are going to be a pain in the a$$ to get out.

I'll probably just end up cutting the thread rod. I'm surprised the bolts didn't snap. They're REALLY bent.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I bet if your shocks were softer you wouldn't have bent those pegs. When I jump, its like landing on a pillow.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

I bet if your shocks were softer you wouldn't have bent those pegs. When I jump, its like landing on a pillow.
Oh they were cushion soft landings on the other not so large jumps. I way bottomed the suspension on the big 30'er though. So that's probably why.

2-4 foot jumps were awesome though! Just had a bit too much downward intertia on the big jump for the shocks, and it had to go somewhere!

I can't believe my upper shock mounts didn't budge! No bending on the bolts or elongation of the mount holes.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Yep! I'll be giving you more credit for the specs section when I have a bit of time.

If you put up some pics I could put those on there too!! Or maybe one of your famous how-to articles!
I'm even less enthused on fininshing my quad now... It was raining all day for the last 2 days, t-stormed last night, and now we have a flood warning and 2 more inches expected tonight! Its to the point now that I sink in the gravel driveway just walking out to the garage!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Oh they were cushion soft landings on the other not so large jumps. I way bottomed the suspension on the big 30'er though. So that's probably why.

2-4 foot jumps were awesome though! Just had a bit too much downward intertia on the big jump for the shocks, and it had to go somewhere!

I can't believe my upper shock mounts didn't budge! No bending on the bolts or elongation of the mount holes.
Then you need my bottomless suspension setup.

If a 250lb man can stand on the grab bar and push on the top of the garage and bounce and STILL not find the bottom... There is no bottom. He actually bent the grab bar trying.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like its about time to invest in some paddle tires (or pontoons)!

I wonder if anyone has ever tried paddle tires in a mud race...Can you image 4 paddle tires on a T-Cat in the Texas Mud Nationals?

Old 05-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

There's a video on youtube somewhere that shows a couple quads struggling to find their way to the end of the mud pit,,, taking forever to get there. Then another guy comes along and just skims over the top and finishes in a couple seconds, lol. I think he had paddles.

I saw that back when I was looking for Tcat vids.

One guy fries off a set of silverbacks on pavement with a jacked-up Tcat. That was pretty cool. How much power do you need to do that to 4 giant tires at once? A lot I would imagine. Sliding around on concrete like it was ice.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.