Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josmuck
Is 75$ a good price for bot the left a-arms and right?

Cya Brian
For 230S arms? Upper and lower? If its the full set for a 230 its not terrible. I wouldn't consider it a steal though.

I got my 250S arms (full set) for $160 or something, but they're ultra rare.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lt230sman
i think im gonna disagree on that one...

im very happy with my dg nerfs (with exception of the cheap allthread bolt that i didnt use anyways). the tubing is of substantial size and wall thickness, the welds are strong, the powercoat is nice, and the fit is fine. they are very sturdy and ive had no problems with them.

besides, what other nerfs can you even get for the 230 anyways?
Originally Posted by atvman29
We must have received two different sets of nerfs. The three shorter bolts with my set were all too short, they would only grab about 1-2 threads on the frame. The threaded rod was cheap, and apparently the weak link, and the fit is not very good. Mine are really torqued on there; they want to twist all weird and the u-bolts in the front don't line up very well at all. And the kit I just helped my girlfriend's brother put on his 230 were the same way; we have to go get him some longer bolts this week.

But like you said, we have no other options.
Just because there are no other options doesn't mean the remaining product is a quality one, lol. We're not talking harmless mufflers or seat covers or carbs... these are safety issues that could result in serious injury. If that had failed and atvman ran over his leg, I think he'd have a good case in court which could easily run up in the 6 digits. DG should consider themselves lucky if all they have to pay is a shipping charge and a new bolt to resolve this.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards. They kept asking me over and over, "How much did you say you weigh again?" and every time I'd tell them the truth that I weight around 185! I'm not some 500 gorilla jumping a 230cc wheeler! But I can foresee what will happen now if I send them back to them.....

I'll pay $15 or something to have them shipped to them, they'll let the box sit in back until I finally nag them enough that they take a look at it a few weeks later, they'll ask me again how much I weigh and then they'll say what they told me over the phone, "Looks like you didn't tighten the bolts enough." They'll ship it back as is, maybe with a new thread rod and not-long-enough short bolts, I'll be out of $15 and miss a month of precious warm weather riding with them.
I had a laptop take a **** once. I bought the 2 yr service plan from sears and it should have been hassle-free. But I got a call that they found water inside and they were sending it back! WTF! I was ****ed! First of all I paid $200 for the service plan that covers whatever. Second, there was no way water could be found inside. The best I can figure is that it was Jan in OH and was cold, but the service center was in TX. So there may have been some condensation. Anyway, I raised enough hell that they finally just gave me a new laptop.

I used to pay like $10 for a pre-paid legal service. Man what a deal that was. Anybody ****ed me off I gave a call to the lawyer and he sent out a letter. Next thing I know people are bending over backwards to help me, lol. That would come in mighty handy in your situation. As soon as DG got the letter, you'd have a new set of nerfs with overnight shipping and a letter beggin you not to sue!

Old 05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Spencer2829
i was on craigslist looking for new tires and i found a pile of 250r parts that had the wheels, tires, a arms, rear axle, rear swing arm, shocks, and other crap i really wanted for $100 and for some reason i hesitated to buy it and now its GONE! damn.... im kinda angry
Sometimes you have to shoot from the hip.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Dang, really sweet deal on Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM) if any of you are war documentary fans like myself! 36 DVD collection for $25 shipped! (Over $70 from Amazon)
Must be a history channel fan.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

For 230S arms? Upper and lower? If its the full set for a 230 its not terrible. I wouldn't consider it a steal though.

I got my 250S arms (full set) for $160 or something, but they're ultra rare.
My buddy would like to part out his 250, but he wants to get close to enough to buy a 700 raptor (roughly $3000). I don't know if he could get that much.... I figured $150 for the a-arms, maybe $50-$100 for the axle, $250 for the engine at least.... and what else is really that big of a deal? So, he decided to just ride it instead.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

Yep it is a complete set of 230s. I might of been able to get it cheaper but they are all from the same handler so I will save in shipping. What do you guys think about extending the A-Arms but doing it a little diffrent? What I want to do is use maybe a 1in pc of pipe and then make a solid peice of steel that fits in to the pipe. In the solid peice put threads and use thoes other kind of ends ( **** I forgot the name of them. They are used on the aftermarket A-Arms) http://www.amstarmanufacturing.com/i...02PSP_Kit2.jpg like these. That way I will have the 1 in from the pipe and 1 to 2 in per side with the solid steel. Do you get what I mean??

Laterz Brian

Old 05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Just because there are no other options doesn't mean the remaining product is a quality one, lol. We're not talking harmless mufflers or seat covers or carbs... these are safety issues that could result in serious injury. If that had failed and atvman ran over his leg, I think he'd have a good case in court which could easily run up in the 6 digits. DG should consider themselves lucky if all they have to pay is a shipping charge and a new bolt to resolve this.
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I didn't get hurt so they really don't give a rats a$$ about me. I'm prolly just another unhappy customer to them that they'd just like to forget about.

I'm thinking I'm going to try and fix it on my own even though I would like to send it back and tell them to fix their mistake. I just don't think they'd do anything though besides maybe send me a new set and a new threaded rod. Mine are still like new though so it just doesn't seem worth it to bother.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I didn't get hurt so they really don't give a rats a$$ about me. I'm prolly just another unhappy customer to them that they'd just like to forget about.

I'm thinking I'm going to try and fix it on my own even though I would like to send it back and tell them to fix their mistake. I just don't think they'd do anything though besides maybe send me a new set and a new threaded rod. Mine are still like new though so it just doesn't seem worth it to bother.
I'd just fix it myself and give DG a bad rap from now on... Until proven otherwise.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by josmuck
Yep it is a complete set of 230s. I might of been able to get it cheaper but they are all from the same handler so I will save in shipping. What do you guys think about extending the A-Arms but doing it a little diffrent? What I want to do is use maybe a 1in pc of pipe and then make a solid peice of steel that fits in to the pipe. In the solid peice put threads and use thoes other kind of ends ( **** I forgot the name of them. They are used on the aftermarket A-Arms) http://www.amstarmanufacturing.com/i...02PSP_Kit2.jpg like these. That way I will have the 1 in from the pipe and 1 to 2 in per side with the solid steel. Do you get what I mean??

Laterz Brian
A year or so ago I was getting complete sets of 230 arms for $30. I got maybe 4 sets or so. Cut them apart n started to extend them, but never finished. I don't think I could sell them for what time I got in them. I wouldn't pay $100 for 230 arms. No way.

Check out this thread: http://forums.atvconnection.com/suzu...m-project.html

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.