Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 86qscamo
hey guys any input here i need to know if any year crankcase will work with my 86 lt230s i got a motor cheap from chain damage i need the inner case on the left side not the stator case just the case this motor is the 1400ml if that changes any thing
Even if you could get one half of a 1400 ml case to match up with another 2000 ml case half, I wouldn't do it because they are machined as a set. Just get a whole new case or fix the broken part.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jory230
i bought a thing of oil today for my bike i have no idea if it would be good enough its castrol 4 stroke motorcycle oil. will this do or do i have to go to the dealer ship and get the expensive stuff?
As long as its API SE or SF, its good. You guys have WalMart up there? WalMart has SE oil for $1.50 a qt. Accell brand I think. I've been using it for a couple years now and I can't find a thing wrong with it. Its in the bayou pulling TONS of dirt/mud around all day,, gruntin n snortin n overheatin all day. Thought for sure it should be smoking by now, but it still runs good. I've been pulling so much weight, I finally broke the axle tube where it connects to the differential. That's a lot of weight!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well guys, I stumbled on the best mod ever! I've been meaning to do it for years now, but finally got around to it after slippin n sliding in the mud trying to pull trailer loads of mud uphill. At first I was thinking tire chains, but I only had a little clearance between the tire and the frame. So, I got a box of screws and put a screw in each lug on my swamplites. Not the hex head screws like I initially wanted to use, but regular ole flat head screws about 3/4 inch long. Boy, I tell ya, I went from seemingly driving on a substance similar to oil on glass to driving on dry concrete. No slippage at all! I NEVER thought little bitty screws would do all that! I'm totally amazed! From now on, thats going to be the first mod I do to any tire. The only problem now is figuring out how to keep the screws from coming out. After a couple days of riding, I'm missing a few. I'm thinking of using longer screws and going all the way thru the tire. Then putting that green slime in to keep the tire from leaking.

I originally wanted to screw my tires to get over wet logs, but never thought they'd work so well in the mud too. I wonder if they'll help my QS get more traction on hard pack dirt since I have that +4 swingarm n all? I bet they will because when I look at the ground after the tires were slipping, it looks like someone dragged a large tiger off by the tail. BIG claw marks in the ground.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for your input justrandy i will have to find a whole case, cant repair the one i have its fubar

Old 05-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by JustRandy
As long as its API SE or SF, its good. You guys have WalMart up there? WalMart has SE oil for $1.50 a qt. Accell brand I think. I've been using it for a couple years now and I can't find a thing wrong with it. Its in the bayou pulling TONS of dirt/mud around all day,, gruntin n snortin n overheatin all day. Thought for sure it should be smoking by now, but it still runs good. I've been pulling so much weight, I finally broke the axle tube where it connects to the differential. That's a lot of weight!

yea we got a walmart this is where i got that castrol oil from. i rememberd you telling about it before but i forgot what kind it was so i just grabbed that castrol 4 stroke motocycle oil.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Well guys, I stumbled on the best mod ever! I've been meaning to do it for years now, but finally got around to it after slippin n sliding in the mud trying to pull trailer loads of mud uphill. At first I was thinking tire chains, but I only had a little clearance between the tire and the frame. So, I got a box of screws and put a screw in each lug on my swamplites. Not the hex head screws like I initially wanted to use, but regular ole flat head screws about 3/4 inch long. Boy, I tell ya, I went from seemingly driving on a substance similar to oil on glass to driving on dry concrete. No slippage at all! I NEVER thought little bitty screws would do all that! I'm totally amazed! From now on, thats going to be the first mod I do to any tire. The only problem now is figuring out how to keep the screws from coming out. After a couple days of riding, I'm missing a few. I'm thinking of using longer screws and going all the way thru the tire. Then putting that green slime in to keep the tire from leaking.

I originally wanted to screw my tires to get over wet logs, but never thought they'd work so well in the mud too. I wonder if they'll help my QS get more traction on hard pack dirt since I have that +4 swingarm n all? I bet they will because when I look at the ground after the tires were slipping, it looks like someone dragged a large tiger off by the tail. BIG claw marks in the ground.
Put the screw thru from the inside with a nut on the outside and a ton of locktite or mr. sticky epoxy on the threads followed by "slime" in the tires. we used to do that with our RC trucks (less the slime) back in the day. And my rubicon rock crawling buds do it to this day when they are messing around in ice.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 86qscamo
thanks for your input justrandy i will have to find a whole case, cant repair the one i have its fubar
I have a whole case 4 u if you want it, PM me if serious, I will give you a smokin deal.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jory230
alright guys im looking for a cobra full exhaust for my 230 i seen one on dennis kirk but frigg gotta go through alot for it to be shipped international. damn
I have a complete DG excellerator system (header plus muffler) figure out the best way to ship up to the great white north, and I will make u a deal.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PoolGod230
Put the screw thru from the inside with a nut on the outside and a ton of locktite or mr. sticky epoxy on the threads followed by "slime" in the tires. we used to do that with our RC trucks (less the slime) back in the day. And my rubicon rock crawling buds do it to this day when they are messing around in ice.
Yup, I stumbled on that idea last night.

Only I was thinking a quick zap with the welder on the threads to keep the nut from backing off. As soon as the threads get shoved in the dirt a few times and the threads gets boogered-up, I doubt the nut will be coming off.

I'm just not looking forward to tearin my tires off the rims.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I have a whole case 4 u if you want it, PM me if serious, I will give you a smokin deal.
I have a complete DG excellerator system (header plus muffler) figure out the best way to ship up to the great white north, and I will make u a deal.
All done with 230's? Sounds like you're giving everything away again.

How's the 500cc project going?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.