Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin_Stacks
yes. they had the hole. one of them was over tightened and the hole was stretched so we replaced that one. we made sure the lines were clear too.
Gotta be oil pump. Have fun with that one lol. Have to take footpeg and brake lever off and a bunch of screws (one is hiding in the oil filter). Then the primary clutch. And then there's 3 philips head screws that are torqued down just like they were hex heads.... they dont come out easy. Then scraping the gaskets off without getting it in the engine. Its a job just to get at a dinky little pump.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

randy, ive had that same thing on mine. put the thumb to it and slip the clutch a tad and bark. all i could think of is maybe it was either a little loose (i dont know how the plates are made in there. ive never had that side off) or maybe it got a rough spot from being worn/popping it too much. my clutch seems to hold fine, ive never had any problems with it.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

great... i guess ill have to add that to the to-do list on that thing. for every thing i mark off, i add two. i guess it never ends.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

maybe a disk is worn down and its metal against metal. idk, I think it would slip like hell long before that, but idk

Old 12-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Twin_Stacks
great... i guess ill have to add that to the to-do list on that thing. for every thing i mark off, i add two. i guess it never ends.
Nope.

My next project is a 250x. Needs a new rear shock and axle bearings... and for some reason it wont run. Spark seems weak, but everything checks out in spec.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

that sounds like a fun one. from what ive read in this massive thread, the 250x is a pretty good bike. after my QS, i think im going to rework my bayou a little. no paint of course, id have it scratched up in minutes. im thinking shocks, pipe, bars, lights, that sort of thing. ive been considering making a type of winch without a winch. more of a manual version. ill tell you, im happy to work on atvs instead of trucks. a lot simpler.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

250x has 4 valve head, carb has a accelerator pump, and whats really cool is when you take the seat off, the whole rear fenders come off too!

I put 25 inch tires on my bayou and a winch. Not worth it to upgrade shocks or anything

Old 12-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

4valves sounds nice but im not too hep on accelerator pumps or diaphragms. complications and more cost in my opinion. but oh man, the fenders come off like that? i wish the QS did that. how handy!

i didnt really mean upgrade, i blew my rear shocks a couple years ago. one small bump and the shock rebounds and the entire back of the bike hops off the ground. its very VERY irritating. the bayous dont handle worth a crap but they have such a soft ride and theyre incredibly simple. i may life mine a little bit. i hit frame a little more than i like. but thats way on down the road.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah I lifted mine to clear the 25 inch tires. I'm so used to mine (or any other quad for that matter) that when I took the other bayou for a test ride, I was looking for 6th and 7th gear lol. 25 inch tires corrects that.

You should see the swingarm bearing on the 250x. I dont know how to describe it, but its like a long, steel on steel bushing. No bearings. I had to used a wire brush from a shotgun cleaning kit to clean the rust out of it. Its over a foot long. There is no destroying that! And this quad is so beat to hell (axle bearings were long gone and half the carrier n axle too), but the swingarm bearing was like new (except the rust).

Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

howd you lift yours? when i got mine is hat 20s on it. talk about a worthless 1st gear. WOT in 5th was about 35mph lmao. pathetic. these gators i have now are a lot better.

i wish that tech was used on the qs swing arms.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.