Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

Suzuki's 450 is right on par with the others but I see no clear-cut advantages.I cross-country race therefore the width of the R450 is a handicap.I was at the local track yesterday and had no problem staying with and even passing the R450;And this was running a XC bike on a motocross course.Only mods to my engine are a heavier flywheel and no lid on airbox(with stock exhaust).Rider skill level will definitely play a part in who beats who but overall I think they are all a pretty tight match.JMO

Old 02-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Look..sorry to start stuff.... I just bought my LTR 450.. this thing is no joke..it truley is race ready.... i have a 2004 predator with headers and a procircut pipe... its fast...but u can feel the power on the 450...its midd power ia pretty crazy.... i haven't raced it but im willing to race anything and everything

Old 02-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

I'll try and post a link to a dyno chart on it.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

hopefully that will work.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I recieved my LT R450 on 2/2. Once I broke it in and adjusted the shocks to my liking, I thought the bike rode great. I was one of those that was eagerly waiting on the R450 for the past year and half and was really close to buying the '06 YFZ450 in August after riding my friends and was very impressed over the past YFZ's. Fortunatly for me $$$ wasn't an issue when choosing a new race quad and given that the LTR450 comes with most of the features I've had to buy aftermarket for my other quads I was pleased. I have built several race quads for my boys over the past 2 years for TT flat track racing with sparing no expense. But the fact that this quad comes 'ready' is a major plus given we not only use the quads for TT but also trail, dune, and desert riding after adjusting the suspensions/tires and removing sway bars etc.

Not to knock Honda and Yamaha at all because they all have taken major steps in building great quads that can be made into great race quads, but I think the extra time Suzuki took to give the customers what they wanted out of the box will pay off this year with quad of the year honors... I'm sure next year it'll be Honda with more motor mods then Yamaha (isn't that the way it goes). But the bar has been set for this year.

This past weekend the only quad that beat me on my R450 on the tt track was a 05 YFS450 with 6k+ spent at ESR(the rider told me so), Fox floats, extended A-Arms, sway bar & accories. Humm... That is $6400 base for the YFZ450 + $6k at ESR, + around 2-3K to get race ready for extras... and I only lost by about 2 bike lengths on my stock R450.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

AWESOME VIDEOS!!!...keep up the good work, nice quad by the way, soon to get a z400...come on man, post us some more videos!!!!....hurry up...lol...dont worry about the ole blaster, post us some more of the 400z...i likes that one..good songs@!!!!!.......keep em posted...

*ride it hard or put it up*

Old 02-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: marlboro
AWESOME VIDEOS!!!...keep up the good work, nice quad by the way, soon to get a z400...come on man, post us some more videos!!!!....hurry up...lol...dont worry about the ole blaster, post us some more of the 400z...i likes that one..good songs@!!!!!.......keep em posted...

What? Uhhhh, are you talking to me? Thanks for the compliment but if you want to tell me something personally like that just private message me. I dont want to take over someones thread.

Btw... I have a video thats better than any of the ones you saw but its not on the net yet. PM me if you want me to send it to you.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: marlboro

Well, I put the video on the web. Heres the link.

Quadracer

Old 02-17-2006, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Look..sorry to start stuff.... I just bought my LTR 450.. this thing is no joke..it truley is race ready.... i have a 2004 predator with headers and a procircut pipe... its fast...but u can feel the power on the 450...its midd power ia pretty crazy.... i haven't raced it but im willing to race anything and everything
I wanna Play.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

I personaly dont care how wide it is or how they hear they do this or that in a magizine i have raced a ltz 450 i say P.O.S the yfz and the 450R is a hell of alot more reacttive to mods for who ever owns the honda 450 go buy the HRC kit and a high compression pistion wit good exhaust and i promise u that u wont regret the money u spent it made mine like 9/10th of a sec faster at 300 foot

Old 02-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

The LTR comes pretty beefed up from the factory. I don't think it will be as easy to mod because it's already decked out. I wonder why noone has mentioned that it also weighs 50lbs more than the YFZ? I think it looks like a killer quad but I don't see it living up to all this hype. To me the YFZ looks better. I have yet to see how they perform against each other but that is coming. Here is a post I found at another site:

"For what it's worth there are 2 local kids that have been racing each other with the new 450 Suzuki and an 05 YFZ. The Suzuki is piped, opened up air box, and had a 160 lb rider, the YFZ has a Woods pipe, intake and cam mod with a 235 lb rider. All there racing has been done on the street. To make an already long story short, the Suzuki takes the lead for the first 3 gears, and then the YFZ catches him in 4th and pulls ahead in 5th. So there you have it, a scientific race outcome. All it really means is regardless of make all 450's are going to be competative."