Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

Originally posted by: Vital
The LTR comes pretty beefed up from the factory. I don't think it will be as easy to mod because it's already decked out. I wonder why noone has mentioned that it also weighs 50lbs more than the YFZ? I think it looks like a killer quad but I don't see it living up to all this hype. To me the YFZ looks better. I have yet to see how they perform against each other but that is coming. Here is a post I found at another site:

"For what it's worth there are 2 local kids that have been racing each other with the new 450 Suzuki and an 05 YFZ. The Suzuki is piped, opened up air box, and had a 160 lb rider, the YFZ has a Woods pipe, intake and cam mod with a 235 lb rider. All there racing has been done on the street. To make an already long story short, the Suzuki takes the lead for the first 3 gears, and then the YFZ catches him in 4th and pulls ahead in 5th. So there you have it, a scientific race outcome. All it really means is regardless of make all 450's are going to be competative."
you guys both have no idea what you are talking about!! If you get a yoshimura cherry bomb, remove the baffle, and take off the air box lid you get 6-7 HP. Not to mention the cherry bomb takes 2 mins to install and costs $40!!

Trinity dynoed it at 40HP not broken in and got 50HP after putting their pipe on it without anything else but telling the efi to add more fuel(so maybe it had an efi controller) but still. So add an air filter, efi controller, pipe, cherry bomb, and you'll have over 50hp. Now i know it is a trinity dyno but they had it redone. Even still it can't be far off.

and it doesn't wore more than 50lbs more than the yfz, dont know who told you that.

couldnt get the quote from gillam450r but i was including him in that. And think about the other things like how qide it is and the suspension not just the speed

IT IS A KILLER BIKE!!!!!

Old 02-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

My mistake. In this month's Dirt Wheels it lists the Suzuki as 400lbs dry. That may be with the MX mods like nerfs and so on. I looked it up on the Suzuki site and it is 368. So it's only 18 lbs heavier.