Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2005 Vinson performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Vinson performance mods

Any one try any mods to these bikes? what is out there on the market?

Old 04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

The market is nearly ENDLESS!!!! Depends on what you're looking for. You can try a better air filter, jet kits, upgrade your exhaust, tires, cluth kit (if it's an automatic). I have all the above except the clutch kit and tires (working on as we speak-for the tires that is) and am VERY happy w/my mods! Helped bottom end power considerably!!!! There is LOTS of good info and help in here. Try doing a search on "vinson" and see what others have done and their results. LOL!!!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

Check my signature...

Old 04-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

Hey camopzuki, what is your top speed, has it changed at all? mine is now at 58-59mph on pavement on a GPS. The speedo is also high by about 5 mph. did you gain on acceleration or bottom end. wil lit now wheelie?
Thanks

Old 04-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

Top speed will not change without a change in gearing. It may have picked up a few mph's with the bigger tires but not much. The biggest advantage is accelleration. With the added weight of the wheel pkg, winch,and skid pkg it is harder to pull the front end up. The Bearclaws do pretty good in the mud for their design but this thing has so much power now it is hard to get it to stick on hard ground. I have a couple more things to do to it to get it fine tuned but overall the mods were worth the effort. I might get some different tires with more aggressive thread but I dont want to lose the smooth ride of the Bearclaws.
There is a suspension kit available for the Vinson that I have heard good things about, might try that with different tires?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Range Rover

Your Vinson looks great Camozuki!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

webcamshafts.com will grind you a performance cam....mine with new valvetrain would only cost about $180 or so.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

Hey,
How much performance could I expect from the cam alone?

Old 10-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Range Rover

Just adding a cam probably wouldn't give you any performance gains. Suzuki did a pretty good job with the factory setup. But if you open up the intake and exhaust flows the cam will help.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Camozuki,
I'm assuming you mean a port and polish job. In your opinion who does the best work
and how much does it cost? Does this give you a noticable increase in power?

I see in your signature that it say's Dyno Tuned. What all does this include?

BTW, I'm going to add an HMF Utility Exhaust w/quiet core shortly. Hopefully that will Liven it
up some. I have about 18.5 hours on the engine so far.

**For the record I'm looking to get more zip out of my Vinson for agressive trail riding, Drag
Racing or GNCC type stuff if you will. I don't mud ride that much so I'll be running stock or
maybe even a hair smaller tires. I want to get the same (actually better) acceleration and
powersliding capabilities out of my Vinson than I had with a Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
I used to have. It seems like it would break the tires loose and powerslide a bit more than
this Vinson. The weird thing is that everybody say's that the Vinson will outrun the
Sportsman. I don't feel like my 06 Vinson Auto is faster than my old Sportsman but that's
just me.

Sorry about all the questions but I have so much I would like to ask. I'm new to this forum
but so far I have found it to be a great resource. Thanks for your responses.

Sincerely,
Motomonkey76

Quick Reply: 2005 Vinson performance mods