Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

If you had 10 min. with an ATV manufactuer what would you tell them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006 | 01:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default If you had 10 min. with an ATV manufactuer what would you tell them?

To honda: Bring back the 89 style 250r For one more production run
To yamaha: Quit being pansies and update the banshee chassis to a yfz style and keep it in production
To suzuki[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]ut clutch systems in your rm250's that dont suck
To kawasaki : KFX 450 already!

Old 10-31-2006 | 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

[

You know about wheel bearings?

So what the heck are you talking about? You said you want to "grease the wheel bearings". You want to check a sealed bearing to see if there's enough grease? What's inside your head?

Saying you're a diesel mechanic isn't going to give you any more credence, either. It just suggests you may be a bad diesel mechanic.

some people are just crazy, I guess.

Q]
and yes I do know about bearings, you must not of had a axle wheel bearing go bad on you, i'm saying just because its a sealed bearing doesnt mean it has enough grease in it, Ive seen lots of sealed bearing go bad because of lack of grease, but if they made a greaseable rear axle bearing then it wouldnt be a sealed bearing then would it.and just because its sealed doesnt mean it keeps the dirt out

Old 10-31-2006 | 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

I dont mean to be rude or hostile about anything. I was just saying it would be nice to have a greaseable bearing for the axle. the swingarm I have now is greaseable and it makes a world of difference to me knowing there is grease in there

Old 10-31-2006 | 09:33 PM
Range Rover

Mucky, Im with you, I have changed the wheel bearings on my warrior a couple of times, its not fun, If I ever have to do it on my Z, I will put a carrier thats greasable and that uses tapered roller bearings, which just like cars from the seventies used to use, which are serviceable and much easier to remove.

Plus when you pump grease in the water comes out.

Old 10-31-2006 | 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

point out ONE SINGLE modern vehicle with externally re-greaseable bearings via zerks or whatever and I'll believe you. JUST ONE EXAMPLE.

Old 11-01-2006 | 10:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

"I will put a carrier thats greasable and that uses tapered roller bearings, which just like cars from the seventies used to use, which are serviceable and much easier to remove."

FYI: the tapered bearing carriers are not a great idea. When/if the axel loosens on a tapered, they will have up/down-side to side play (which isn't good). A double bearing carrier (not tapered) wil have only side to side play.
If I have a loose axel in the middle of nowhere, I want the regular bearings.

As for the topic,
I'd say nothing cuz they simply do not care what we think as a whole. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I would bag on Zuki big time for releasing the Z90 tho...Flamers....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2006 | 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

to stop putting the warning labels on the stock plastics

Old 11-01-2006 | 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

also, to Yamaha, bring back the warrior name. the warrior was a great name for a quad and although I love my Raptor and the name, its a little overused (80,350, 660,700)

Old 11-01-2006 | 12:26 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: aksafari
point out ONE SINGLE modern vehicle with externally re-greaseable bearings via zerks or whatever and I'll believe you. JUST ONE EXAMPLE.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] do trailers coun't [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2006 | 01:23 PM
Range Rover

This is what I would say.
I would tell Honda, Suz, Yam to put some real tires on the 4x4 models.
All 4x4 should have a locker.
I would like IRS to be an option on the larger 4x4 models.
Make your seats comfortable, lets try a little more padding some times, it doesn't weight that much.

Quick Reply: If you had 10 min. with an ATV manufactuer what would you tell them?