Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

6 month mark on Ozark - My review

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 month mark on Ozark - My review

My 2006 Ozark has hit the six month mark. I purchased this quad back in July and also purchased the extended warranty and prepaid maintenance plans. I paid $3499.00 for the quad.

Wheelbase 44.9 inches
Ground Clearance 8.3 inches
5.5 inches of wheel travel front and back

I bought this quad for my wife. She doesn't ride it, so I do. At the six month mark this quad still rides like a Cadillac. Although it is classified as a utility, it's hard not to drive it like a sport quad since it so so light and nimble. I took it today for it's hardest ride since I bought it. The trails I took it on were nothing but rocks sticking up all over the place, and I was able to glide along pretty nice mostly in second gear, sometimes have to go down to first to climb over small fallen trees. Also on one of the trails I came to a water/mud hole, so I gave it a whirl. Well I buried it almost up to the handle of the recoil backup starter. I was stuck and looking around for some way to get it out. With nothing in sight, I got back on, soaking wet, and just rocked like hell until I got it out. After I misjudged the depth of the hole and was able to got out, I was amazed that this 2 wheel drive machine made it through there.

This quad has been nothing short of amazing for a 250cc since I bought it. It has nice torque and not a bad top end either. Comfort is the best that I have seen in a starter quad; it feels like you are floating on air. The headlights are nice and bright, very functional. It also has racks front and rear that are fairly big. Wheelies: yep it will do it. The stock Dunlops are just a simple knobby design, and work well in most all situations. Great traction. It's also nice and light, you can throw it around easily. The 5 speed tranny is a little notchy when shifting, but requires little effort to shift. Simply pull the reverse lever on the bars while shifting down, and you are in reverse, which is not limited. It is also a low maintenance shaft driven system.

The only problems I have run into so far is one fouled plug, and I bent the out edge of the front right rim today on a rock.

I would recommend this machine to anyone out there looking for a start quad, it is worth the price that was paid, and I feel confident this quad will still be running in 20 years.

My 2 cents.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 month mark on Ozark - My review

i ride my dads sometimes and i absolutely love it. it will go alm oes anywhere a 4x4 can and somplaces where 4x4 cant. the power is amazing for its size, i pull a broken down 300ex through about 4 miles o trails and up hills in 3rd gear!. If you get hung up on rocks all you have to do is gett off and pick it up