Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

big bore help me

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big bore help me

looking to big bore my z-400 my buddie has a raptor 660 with hot cams and ported and polished head yoshi pipe he kills me can i win i plan to port polish cam kit (hot cams or web) and big bore kit i have a lte complete exhaust, jetted and uni filter so what kit (big bore) do i want athena and icecube are a couple i have been looking at does any one no the power gains on these two, reliability is very important to me.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default big bore help me

If reliability is an issue (and it should be), I'd be careful of doing a big bore. The head bolt design is the problem ie: there should have been more studs. There is too much area between the studs which cxould make a head gasket problem much more likely.
I'd look for power in the porting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
So ya gots beat by a craptor...you must feel bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL j/k

Old 07-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default big bore help me

I smoked two modified craptors this weekend. Do the athena 435. Also, go with the bigger webs cam than what I have. Thats what i'm about to do. You can outrun him. You have to pay attention to detail tho, you'll need every little trick you can come up with. Rember, lighter is faster, rotating weigh makes a bigger difference than dead weigh on the bike, less friction is free hp.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:34 PM
RK
Trailblazer
Default big bore help me

Tudor's Performance "Big Juggs" kit.
He not only has the kit, but all the knowledge to make it run to it's potential.
Not to mention, his personal Z-400 is probably the one of the fastest on the planet.
Tell him DR Q sent you.

RK

Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default big bore help me

I had the 470 kit from tudors, lasted about a year, had problems with it from the start. the big jug is nice but you have to grind some of it off to get the started on, and the 470 sleeve isnt very strong, busted the sleeve in 2 places and almost wasted the motor. you will get massive power from it but I was told you will rebuild it about every year, it takes out the reliability of the motor, and when I ordered it, it took over a month to get it and that was after I paid for it already

Old 07-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default big bore help me

why not just get the wiseco kit? comes with a cylinder... or is it too pricey?? it is a fair amount or money......

Old 07-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default big bore help me

The most reliable kit your going to get is the athena. It offers better cooling than stock. My fans cuts on half as much now that i have the athena. I paid $580 shipped to my door. It arrived in 3 days. I can give you the e-mail of the ebayer i got it from. Also, to help cooling, you should use "engine ice". It works very well. I put this in my motor acouple of weeks before I did my athena. My fan used to cut on about every 2 mins. afterward, it would cut on about every 15-20 mins. Now with the athena it hardly cuts on at all. Just do the athena, the power increase was very impressive. You won't be dissapointed. Do a search on athena on this forum and others and see what they say. The athena outruns most other kits with the same mods. I also read where there was two bikes with the same mods, one with the 453cc, the other was an athena and they dynoed them. The athena beat it by 1.5 hp. I a drag race, the athena would beat it by a couple bikes. I am happy with mine, now if i get it tuned correctly, its gonna be sick.