Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New ecu/vdi power for KQ 700 installed and happy

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ecu/vdi power for KQ 700 installed and happy

Just got mine, NIGHT and DAY, big effortless wheelies in high range, engine a lot cooler, no more lag! Great customer support easy downloads. Low gear will stand bike up on it's back rack if need be. Why did Suzuki ever turn this engine down so much.
For those of you that have not heard of this yet, check out Velocity Devices Inc. This is not a power programmer, but a new built from scratch ecu that has two settings, one for stock and one for Higher octane, with all safety locks disabled, new fuel maps, ignition timing etc. etc.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Range Rover

ya my dad got his for his kq and he does wheelies like crazy.That vdi woke that machine up!!!He loves it.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

So they FINALLY got the thing released? It took long enough. Glad to hear it really wakes the thing up. The KQ I was interested in picking up got sold so I'm not in the market at the moment.

Did it fix the reverse override?

Any word if they are going to have one out for the new 750 or if this one will adapt?

Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

So they FINALLY got the thing released? It took long enough. Glad to hear it really wakes the thing up. The KQ I was interested in picking up got sold so I'm not in the market at the moment.

Did it fix the reverse override?

Any word if they are going to have one out for the new 750 or if this one will adapt?</end quote></div>

Yes it fixed the reverse override and if u want to kno more on the vdi on other machines go to nyroc .com or velocity devices inc.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

No word yet on the 750, or 450
Like Hammertime said, no reverse limiter, or Diff lock limiter comes with stock setting and can switch to H.O. setting.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

So how easy was the install, I'm not much of a gear head. Did you have to buy anything other than the ECU? It looks like there are two maps availble, do you select when you buy or can you set it yourself?

Old 08-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

When you purchase it, get the USB cable and the USB plug in interface, allows you to update and fine tune via laptop/computer. install took about 1/2 hour all under the seat, just relocate fuel pump relay and mount unit, VDI has instructions on-line. very easy. Yes it comes with two maps already, but for those that have the first batch, other maps are available on their site for extra fine tunning, since not all efi king qauds are the same nor in the same climate/sea level. some are having minor issues with the performance, but VDI is on top of it solving each issue at a time before the second batch is released, the only issues thus far are with the different Kings and altitudes, minor perfance issues. I am happy with mine but I also know that the unit will be updated and improved as time goes on, that's why it is recommended to get the interface connection.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was wondering if anybody knows how to get rid the reverse override and difflock limiter without buying a new computer? And if I had to buy one where ? and how much?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

There must be a way to dismantle the limiters? I would appreciate if someone could help ,I really don't want to buy a 500.00 unit to fix a 10,000 dollar bike.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

Demo Kid, check out www.nyroc.com and go to the King Quad forums. In the bottom right hand corner you will see tech tips. There are many ideas there. You'll love it!
Buck

Quick Reply: New ecu/vdi power for KQ 700 installed and happy