Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2004 suzuki eiger running hot

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 suzuki eiger running hot

alright guys help me out. Eiger with now only a uni air filter. When eiger is ran for 15-20 minutes on street, it will start to lose power and fan will be on constant as soon as you stop. I know it is hot and running lean. runs fine until this scenario is played out. Have had to the dealer a few times and $400.00 dollars later still have same problem. I had jetted in the past and dealer replaced jet with correct jet per gas analyzer/snifffer. So they say. Ehaust will glow red inside. no vac leaks, no plugged vac lines, what is the problem?? used to run fine and this happened all of a sudden. Appreciate any help you guys can give me.. Thanks

Old 10-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer

Go with the Eiger jetting mods and it will richen it up a bit which also cools it enough maybe. Also look at the air box mods and the exhaust mods. Cost me $3.00 and made a world of difference in my Eiger. Also search the fan switch mods so you can control the fan when needed and still have the thermostat if needed. Hope this helps.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

im not trying to sound like a smart a** but the first that i would to is to take a pressure washer and spend a good half hour cleaning the radiator... then check your coolant and your motor oil... and the last and most important thing, i would check the temp of your coolant once its hot... this could tell you weither or not your thermostat is opening or not... my guess would be that your thermostat is junk more then any thing else... i would look into that before spending anymore money on expense mods that probably wont work... it sounds like you have already sunk enough in to this problem to me... well good luck buddy

P.S. i had friend that had a polaris scrambler 400 2-stroke that kept over heating and he could figure out why... all it was was that his radiator was pluged with mud... he thought and said it was clean before he brought to me to look at. after i took off the radiator and pressure washed until i could see through the ribs and changed the coolant in it the problem went away.... lol thats why i brought up the thing about pressuring the radiator.... once again good luck buddy

Old 10-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

Don't know if you know this or not but the Eiger is air cooled..... It does have an oil cooler in the front though. Make sure your fan does come on to cool the oil though, if not you know where to start lo ie.... fan motor or fan thermostat. Hope this helps.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer

i didnt know that a eiger was air cooled... yeah deff. check to make sure the fan comes on... if it does maybe you should lookin into seeing how much oil pressure you have... remove the plug just below you oil flter and connect an oil pressure gauge to it... ( if you just have one lying around LOL ) my book says that my vinson should be running between 18-24psi, not that that refers to your machine but that should give you an idea of what you are looking for... good luck again