Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

eiger dies in top gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eiger dies in top gear

oh ya when it died this time it was just quiet then it backed fired!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

clean out your carb, sounds like mabe the main jet could be clogged as well. while your in there take off the float, make sure not to louse the pin, and test the float in water. use carb cleaner and some thin gage wire to make sure the jets are clean.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok here is the deal,the quad was never really ideling right for a long time it was ideling real fast then slow it was all over the place. anyway the first real problem was the fuel vale . it was terible put the carb back on and it wouldnt start and when it did it ran like it was so flooded and would not run!so i took my hmf utillty off and the head pipe burned out the head pipe with the torch put it on without the hmf and it still did not run .well finally was able to have someone tell me to check the fuel vale,took the vent line off the carb and suck on the tube ,got a big moulth full of gas,then took vale off took it apart it had fuel on bolth sides of the diafram.bought a new one 88dollars put it on and it started right up wow it was crazy how that made such a differance! so now is when it started the dieing in high gear on my last trip to the suzuki guy he showed me how to adjust the float on the carb so he did adjust mine while explaning how to do it,well i took off the carb today to see if it was right and no it was not right! he said they should be allmost straight across or even i think you know what i mean well in the manuel it shows that to but says that it should be .5 of a in which in real life its noy even. so i set it to the specks and wouldnt you know it it runs and runs good!i measured his adjustment it was .625in to the float but it was even! soif any one reads this i hope they wont go throu all the trouble i did! cherokee99 thank you for your time and help i really appreciate your help thank you so much!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

its no problem, im glad to know that it was the float. i wish i knew you needed a new slide with diaphram, i bought one for my AC 400 and never used it. i could have sent you it for nothing. im glad your all set!