Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

MANUAL

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MANUAL

Hello, i need a Suzuki shop manual for a 2006 Suzuki LT-80. I know I was able to download one in PDF format for my Busa and am hoping somebody has something similar for the LT-80.

Thanks in advance !!

Jon

Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default MANUAL

Quick google and I found this one:

http://store.payloadz.com/str-...ooks_-end-detail.html

You have to pay but it is cheap. I have not had much luck in finding manuals online. I am not sure why manufacturers do not post them...

Old 12-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default MANUAL

What ya need to know?

Old 12-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default MANUAL

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LT80

What ya need to know?</end quote></div>

Ahhh, new machine in the garage and I just like to have the factory manual to go along with it. I upgraded my little one from a Raptor 50 to an LT-80. WOW, what a "perma-smile" this little upgrade planted on her face. I appreciate the offer of assistance and you (LT 80) seem to be somewhat of an authority around here so I'll keep you in mind.
Actually, here is one for you: I picked up this 80 it's a 2006 with what I'd call normal wear and tear and it will only run with the choke. Once warmed up and ridden for say ten minutes and I release the choke it'll die, if I give it some gas once I release the choke she bogs a bit then will finally get going but she does'nt want to run without the choke at all. With the choke it runs great. I only got this bike Saturday so it's only been out for about an hour and I have'nt touched anything on it yet. I plan on going over the whole thing ASAP; plug, fuel, lube, air filter, carb etc.
Jon

Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default MANUAL

Sounds like a jet is clogged.Take bottom of carb off.there are two jets you can screw out.take jets out and see if there is anything clogging them up.I think it will be the bigger jet that is clogged but go ahead and clean both while your in there.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default MANUAL

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: QWODER

Sounds like a jet is clogged.Take bottom of carb off.there are two jets you can screw out.take jets out and see if there is anything clogging them up.I think it will be the bigger jet that is clogged but go ahead and clean both while your in there.</end quote></div>

Thank you.

Jon

Old 12-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default MANUAL

let me know if that works please.good luck

Old 12-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default MANUAL

OK, new plug installed, air filter removed cleaned and reinstalled, carb removed bowl dropped cleaned, main and pilot removed cleand-blown out and everything replaced. Started machine-with choke on allowed warm up for about 15 minutes took choke off and she stalled in about 15 seconds. Re-started with choke, released the choke and "feathered" the gas and can keep her running but still getting a bog and no idel. The air screw is next. Does anyone know how many turns out this should be or any other suggestions to correct this problem. As I got into this thing yesterday it appears as if this this was pretty close (if not) sunk in muddy water. It didn't make it all the way to the carb but it was close. Also, there was alot of debris in the bowl.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Jon

Old 01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default MANUAL

There is no air screw. That's the idle screw.
I realize you cleaned the carb but I still would look at the carb. Did you soak it in gas or something? Did you blow out all the lil holes and such? Remove the float needle and seat and clean?
Altho the machine is new, I'd do a compression check.
The mud may have gotten into the stator and causing a low electrical charge to the CDI. You may have to pull the flywheel and clean that and the stator. This has happened before.
Let's go from there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default MANUAL

Where is the idel screw typically set?? Two turns out....etc??

Thanks
Jon

Quick Reply: MANUAL