Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Twist throtle

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twist throtle

I am new to riding quads,i just bought a Suzuki Z400 and was if anybody had any info on pros and cons on putting a twist throtle on it.I have been riding dirtbikes for many years and just started riding quads.Any info would be appreciated.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Twist throtle

dont do it!!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Twist throtle

each to there own , i have slight parlized right hand so all 4 of my quads have twist throttle . my 13 yr old requested one on his raptor cause his thumb stays sore . its what you like . you can always change it back . i say good idea .

Old 01-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Twist throtle

It's an accident waiting to happen IMO. I may have one if I rode the dunes constantly but for trail,race.etc. it's a poor idea.
Atv handlebars are made to hang onto. Hang onto a twist and sooner than later, something hurtfull is going to happen.
Bikes are just different in the way they are rode.

"my 13 yr old requested one on his raptor cause his thumb stays sore" ~~
13 and on a raptor eh...

Old 01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Twist throtle

i know there is a product out there that is thumb/twist i don't have the thread but i believe i saw it in a ad in an atv mag check them out they would be great i want one but only if the twist can be locked out cuz i think sometimes it could be a recipe for disaster

Happy hunting..........

Old 01-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Twist throtle

I don't see a problem with a twist throttle. I have ridden a YFZ 450 with one that my friend races with and seriosly it is way better than the thumb, the only problem I see is that if you roll the quad onto the throttle side it could spin and stick open

Old 01-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Twist throtle

I don't see a problem with a twist throttle. I have ridden a YFZ 450 with one that my friend races with and seriosly it is way better than the thumb, the only problem I see is that if you roll the quad onto the throttle side it could spin and stick open

Old 01-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Twist throtle

like i said each to there own.. some people are just full of crap & yes i have a 13 yr old that can out ride most adults . some people are very close minded idiots that doesnt know his head from his ***. try it you my like it , , not a disaster at all , got to know how to ride .. ...

Old 01-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Range Rover
Default Twist throtle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: extremelawncare

like i said each to there own.. some people are just full of crap & yes i have a 13 yr old that can out ride most adults . some people are very close minded idiots that doesnt know his head from his ***. try it you my like it , , not a disaster at all , got to know how to ride .. ...</end quote></div>

i agree with this guy although a little less aggressively LOL my 7yr old has a Kodiak 400 and does well enough that i let him give'er on my850!!! my little guys been riding for 4+ yrs now

Sorry to get off topic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Twist throtle

I grew up riding bikes n absolutely love my twisty on my shee... the rest still have thumb throttles cuz my wife rides them occasionally and she doesnt like the twist throttle... if she didnt ride them all of them would have twistys on them.

I dont see them as an accident waiting to happen.... anytime you are on an atv its an accident waiting to happen regardless of the throttle you are using.

so like others said its personal preference

Quick Reply: Twist throtle