Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Starts but Stalls when Throttle is pushed

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starts but Stalls when Throttle is pushed

Im very New at this i hope I doing this Right, One of my Quads is having a problem. Its a 2007 Suzuki Eiger 400, Whats happening is its starts fine but once u Push on the throttle it sputters and will stall, Now I have checked the Spark Arrestor its fine( My2008 Arctic Cat TRV 500 I had to replace muffler already, Was carboned up and plugged, Caused ATV to Stall and backfire. But now runs great)

Ive replaced Sparkplug and boot stripped some of the rubber around wires, and still nothing? CHecked the Air Filter and cleaned it notice some oil in bottom of Air filter Tube to Carb, not much at all. Emptied All gas from Quad, put New gas in and put Gasline antifreeze in, Nothing so then i Cleaned the Carb with Carb cleaner, clean it really good, Seemed to run fine didn't stall took it for a rip went throught some snow, Still it was running fine. Well the next day it started doing the same thing the only way to get back to the house was to put the choke on and milk it all the way back.

NOw my next thing that i am going to try this weekend is to remove the Carb and take out the float and Clean it really good and see, I have a new Float coming but its not going to be here intil next weekend! If anyone has an idea of what to do I need Help

Old 03-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

It's a plugged jet. Clean the carb. Remove both jets and clean well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

yep dirty carb and possibly bad gas. does it backfire? if it does then it has water in it

Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

THanks for the Help. I found the problem today, what happened was when we replaced the spark plug, Alberta cycle told us to also replace the spark plug boot well they gave us the wrong spark plug boot. We decided to switch the new boot and put back the old boot, and we fired it up, took it for a good rip and its runs fine. I have no clue why we didn't do that in the first place but at least our Carb is clean and the Jets are clean. THanks again for your input