Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

The new Suzuki Sport quad info!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to cannondales site, they released a press release yesterday saying they are shipping their new four wheeler out to dealers NOW, read the specs on their machine with ELECTRIC START and tell me that machines not built for racing. nuff said

Old 02-21-2001, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barry you are an idiot. You obviously don't ride tight trails when it is muddy or snowy. You probably don't ride anywhere that is the least bit technical because if you did then you wouldn't bash reverse gear. You bring up dirt bikes not needing reverse. Bikes don't need reverse because you can spin the bike around within its own length by pivoting on one foot. Also reverse would be very awkward and unweildy to use because you have two wheels and need to balence. The 80's two stroke racing quads didn't have reverse because they were based on motorcross engines that never offered that provision. Also the two stroke quads were made for RACING. None of the new four stoke SPORT quads that have come out are built specifically for racing.

The current crop of new quads are tame whe compared to the 1980's two stroke high performance quads. The 400EX engine is based of the XR 400 TRAIL BIKE motor. Why didn't they include reverse? Because they were too cheap! The 400EX motor was 90% redesigned before it was used for an ATV. Reverse would not have been that difficult to install. Honda dropped the ball. The new sport quads are nice because they are finally coming out with something new but they need to leave off the electric start, make it a kick start and include a reverse gear, then you have a perfect SPORT quad. If you think the new 400EX's, DS 650's and the Raptor and race quads that you don't understand what a race quad is. Oh, and why are 12 year old 250R's still dominating in racing when these new 4 stroke machines now exist. Maybe because the new 4-stroke quads are heavy SPORT QUADS and not dedicated RACING QUADS. Why should Suzuki do anything different when the market (both dirt bikes and quads) is moving towards 4-stokes.

If Suzukis new quad offers kick start and reverse then I'll be the first person in my town to get one.

Old 02-21-2001, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hey rockrider, I never thought someone would call me an idiot and then prove damn near every one of my points.Although, I never said dirtbikes need reverse, I said I ride in the tight woods with dirtbikes and I've NEVER needed reverse.The new bike won't be a racer, that is pretty much the jist of my whole post, what were you reading?

Old 02-21-2001, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

The bike they made (which the atv is based on) was the heavyest and least powerful in its class, do you think that weight problem had something to do with the electric start?

Old 02-23-2001, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Old 02-23-2001, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

isnt kawasaki making that new quad that is going to have a ninja 600 engine in it?

Old 02-23-2001, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

You guys just need to shut up!You don't really no anything for sure yet!Some people like reverse and some don't,the politically correct term for those people: mentally retarded.you can't always just "spin the rear end around", besides sometimes your at places where you shouldn't tear up the terrain.THATS how you get kicked out of places,showing that your a unresponsable and dangerous rider.It gives all the rest of us riders a bad rap!

Old 02-23-2001, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

kawi is testing a mojave with a ninja 500 engine in it. if it ever does come out i bet it will be tuned way down. that engine is really powerful.

Old 02-24-2001, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

Not that it is a production machine but while I was at the dealer show in indy I saw a new suzuki it was a new roll desighn chassis with the drz 400 motor in it I have pics and will post them as soon as i get them back.

Old 02-24-2001, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

i agree with Bermbanger on the tight woods part, for what most of you guys call tight woods i bet u can fit a tractor or even a truck on.
What i call tight woods is where your quad barely will fit between the trees. And oh, i guess it makes u feal more like a man to keep getting off your machine and picking it up to move it.
I like to ride my machines, not carry them around.
I understand in motocross and open riding you dont need it. but hey, if your not racing and just out having fun, it always can come in really handy. remember, luxery is a GOOD thing.
and about that 500 twin mojave......... drool...
if that comes out i know what im buying.

Quick Reply: The new Suzuki Sport quad info!!!!!!!!