Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

The new Suzuki Sport quad info!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother talked to our local dealer a few days ago and the Suzuki rep was coming in so he asked the dealer to ask about the new quad. Here's what he was told. It will be 450cc and have reverse. It is geared more toward racing then trail riding. Wasn't informed about liquid cooling, but you can bank on that, and will probably have a dual overhead cam like the DS 650. The 400ex and Raptor are single overhead cams so power should be quite a bit more then the 400 and probably should be in just under the Raptor. Will be in showrooms in September!! Thats all I know, I can't answer any questions. This is the best news for Suzuki since the Quadracer and GSXR's were introduced more then 15 yrs ago!

Old 02-16-2001, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

cool.

Old 02-17-2001, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Its geared more towards racing? Whats the reverse for, in case you overshoot the berm? It won't be a racer.

Old 02-17-2001, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Well here we go again. DSAPP posted about the new suki and everybody put it down. It hasn't even came out barry so give it a chance and quit actin like a dik.

Old 02-18-2001, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with BARRY MANILOW. I've been waiting for something, anything from Suck-zuki for a long, long time. I've been hammered by all my friends for defending them for, in my opinion, not producing ANYTHING sport-wise since '92. It helped that I had this Quadzilla to shut 'em up with, but damn, build me somethin' else I can talk about. Crap on reverse, if you need that you don't need to be on a hi-po wheeler to begin with. Dump the clutch, kick the bars around and hammer it, it'll turn around then. If it's just in the 450 c.c. range, well, they've already dropped the ball.

Old 02-18-2001, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

reverse is for pussies. but i wish i had it sometimes

Old 02-18-2001, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

The raptor has reverse and your a dikhead if you say its not a racer. No its not a 250r Honda but its fast and good handling. I think the cannondale also has reverse. Reverse is always handy. Cuz someday or another you going to be in a position when your not strong enough to get it out. Where i ride without reverse your screwed.

Old 02-19-2001, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

If you need reverse, you're a ********. Run over the sh*t, if you can't jump it go home.

Old 02-19-2001, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Run over the sh*t? I don't use reverse for backing out of rough trails. I use it when i get stuck in mud and have to go backward, or when I'm loading into the back of a jacked up truck with ramps and no driving it forward into the truck isn't an option. Why not have rverse? If you ride as much as i do (EVERY DAY) your going to come into a situation where you really need it.

Old 02-19-2001, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

I've ridden practically everyday since I was 12 and I never needed reverse.Reverse is for lazy casual trail riders, not racers.The Raptor, as good as it may be for its intended purpose, is not a racer and neither will the new suzuki.Once again I am not taking a shot in the dark here, the motor WILL BE from the DRZ, which is not a racer and it will have reverse which is just pointless dead weight to a racer.So once again, the new Suzuki SPORT quad will be what the market demands, a fairly tame 4stroke with electric start and reverse for the casual weekend trail rider. PS much respect to those of you who want a REAL high performance quad without reverse and electric start and reclining seats...

Quick Reply: The new Suzuki Sport quad info!!!!!!!!