Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2002 suzuki eiger carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 suzuki eiger carb

i have a 2002 suzuki eiger.. it sat for a while. but i got it gotin. it randomly started sputtering a backfireing but it would idle when ever you gave it more than 1/4 throttle it would just BANG POP BANG BANG POOP POOOOOP!. so i got it home stripped it down and cleaned the carb, every single jet every single crevasse.. so i put it back together, it dosent backfire anymore but it runs like complete ****. it will shoot air out of the airbox tube at idle, i assumed it was the air/fuel mixture screw, i screwed it in all the way and out 2 1/2 turns didnt to anything.. idles real high and dosent run good.

any ideas?..
droped it off at a buddies house today he might know the problem.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2002. Starts right up, choke works perfectly, but as soon as the throttle is pushed, it sputters and dies... Im taking it all apart tonight... let you know what i find... (carb was rebuilt 40 miles ago.. 2 years ago... and that was 40 trouble free miles.. never had a problem until today...)

Let me know what you find..

Old 08-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by boomvan
I'm having the exact same problem with my 2002. Starts right up, choke works perfectly, but as soon as the throttle is pushed, it sputters and dies... Im taking it all apart tonight... let you know what i find... (carb was rebuilt 40 miles ago.. 2 years ago... and that was 40 trouble free miles.. never had a problem until today...)

Let me know what you find..
i took the whole motor apart basically and didnt find a thing? i did clean the carb and fiddle with the airfuel screw but didnt change anything, it ran good for a little bit but still took a massive **** when you reved it.. i took it to one of my friends thats a head mechanic and he said first off the valves where way way to tight but other than that he said he dosent know what it is but. idk im low on money and i dont want him to spend a **** tone which i belive he aleady started :/
but let me know what you find.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by danyoung582
i took the whole motor apart basically and didnt find a thing? i did clean the carb and fiddle with the airfuel screw but didnt change anything, it ran good for a little bit but still took a massive **** when you reved it.. i took it to one of my friends thats a head mechanic and he said first off the valves where way way to tight but other than that he said he dosent know what it is but. idk im low on money and i dont want him to spend a **** tone which i belive he aleady started :/
but let me know what you find.

I found my carb was gummed up with silicone......... needle was stuck.. its my fault.. i used a dab of silicone to keep the shaped rubber seal in place last time i rebuilt it.. took 2 years for that silicone to cause a problem i guess... but its still not running yet, the plastic choke screw that screws into the carb is stripped out so now i have to order a new cable assy probably... grrr