Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

05 LTZ 400 maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdevil96
If he puts diesel truck oil in his Z400(with a wet clutch)He's gonna destroy his clutch and will be majorly pissed at you!I hope you haven't steered many more people wrong with replies like that.
Been on vaca, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I have run the Rotella T in my YFZ without issue, and I ride it fairly hard. I also run it in my diesel truck, good stuff. Diesel oils don't have the friction modifiers most car oils have, and are actually going to deliver longer wet clutch life than if you used a regular car oil. Easy to research using these oils and plenty of riders getting similar results.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBlaster
I am not sure where you are getting this information that diesel engine oil will destroy the clutch, but you are wrong. Shell Rotella T is JASO MA certified, this certification is for wet clutch applications. I have personally used Rotella T6 5w-40 synthetic in my Wolverine for years with no clutch problems. Also there are many people out there using diesel engine oils in wet clutch applications with no problem.
If the original poster would've specified Shell Rotella T with "JASO MA" certs oil I could see your argument.They only said diesel truck oil.How many different brands of oil that's sold at Wally World are compatible for diesel engines?Almost every single one!I realize you are so much smarter than I since you assumed (you know what happens when you assume right?)that I was talking about one brand of oil.I won't post anymore on this forum.Hope you are happy!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdevil96
If the original poster would've specified Shell Rotella T with "JASO MA" certs oil I could see your argument.They only said diesel truck oil.How many different brands of oil that's sold at Wally World are compatible for diesel engines?Almost every single one!I realize you are so much smarter than I since you assumed (you know what happens when you assume right?)that I was talking about one brand of oil.I won't post anymore on this forum.Hope you are happy!

Pretty sensitive...........I'm gonna miss him.