Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT250R Overhaul Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liljoker1994
The smaller one will foul easier I would se the v shaped but it's all p to you on what spark plug u want in to
Really? Damn you Dennis Kirk! I want one of those 4 way plugs I bet those are hard to foul but can you get those for small engines? I suppose I will be carrying a pair of extra plugs and a wrench with me under the seat for now on.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Range Rover

ya lol and im not sure i havent checked into it ya but i just run the spark plug that suzuki said to put in it and ive never had a promblem out of it

Old 08-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

ya lol and im not sure i havent checked into it ya but i just run the spark plug that suzuki said to put in it and ive never had a promblem out of it
That's exactly the thing though, Dennis Kirk should have sent me the right plug that belongs in there and not just a cheap replacement that "works"

I pulled the carb off last night, which I found much more difficult to remove the throttle cable from the box "slide" then a round 4 stroke. Will disassemble is soon, first I want to clean out the air passages.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

Get the racing NGK plug think it's a BR8Evg or something like that. It comes in a red racing box not there normal yellow. I put one in my 86 and Jt works well. They are like $8 though sothat sucks. Not like your normal $2 something.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CSS250R
Get the racing NGK plug think it's a BR8Evg or something like that. It comes in a red racing box not there normal yellow. I put one in my 86 and Jt works well. They are like $8 though sothat sucks. Not like your normal $2 something.
Thanks I just found them: NGK Racing Type Spark Plug - DennisKirk.com
I'm going to buy one next time I make a purchase!

On a side note, my petcock doesn't shut off the fuel and spins really easily. I wonder if these things are rebuildable like a bad seal or if I should just spend the $40 on a new one.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Trailblazer

The b8 is for the 85-86 the b9 is for the rest. And just buy a new petcock don't mess around with the old one.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Range Rover

ya i went out and checked mine after you said something about the ngk and thats whats in mine that suzuki gave me to put in it the old one was from some lawnmower that someone els had in there lol

Old 08-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Cool

The b8 is for the 85-86 the b9 is for the rest. And just buy a new petcock don't mess around with the old one.
Thanks I will keep that in mind when I buy, the stupid petcock is so expensive for what it does.

ya i went out and checked mine after you said something about the ngk and thats whats in mine that suzuki gave me to put in it the old one was from some lawnmower that someone els had in there lol
Thanks for checking, so you have the thin conductor plug I have? It wouldn't surprise me because (I hope they are not reading this but) they were complete Simpson's hillbilly's. I should check the radiator for cool-aid while I'm at it!

This will be the first of two tear downs, this one lasting about a week then a complete thorough rebuild that will last about 3 months over the winter. I am just doing a good cleaning/degreasing and cleaning the vital components leading to the carb (fuel line, tank, air filter, box, and all airways) this is also a good time to find out what is going to need to be replaced. Currently I have my hillbilly 2x4" rear shock in place to hold the chassis up while doing work

Name:  24.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  274.4 KB
Name:  25.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  229.1 KB
Name:  26.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  102.0 KB

Sure enough there WILL need to be replacing, check out this shock it's cracked. I have a spare but the bearings would need to be swapped, are these gas or oil? I need to drain the reservoirs or something, I don't know much about the seals.
Name:  30.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  100.9 KB

The air box is pretty greasy and sticky, needs to be cleaned:
Name:  27.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  109.5 KB

The exhaust leaks all over the inside of the rear fenders, it's missing a boot of some sort as the front pipe has. I am going to try a pipe clamp and some muffler sealer instead of the $20 piece that appears to belong here on CheapCycleParts.com
Name:  28.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  93.3 KB
Name:  29.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  78.3 KB

Old 08-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Range Rover

i have the ngk racing plug that suzuki said mine would run its best on it and busting that shock sucks man but atleast u have a spare lol

Old 08-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Range Rover

also another thing to check when u tare it down is cracks on the frame deffanitly a number one thing

Quick Reply: LT250R Overhaul Project