Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What model is my Suzuki

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What model is my Suzuki

I can't seem to find a Quad that the frame looks the same the guy told me it was a Suzuki lt230 but mine has some frame in between the wheels that say suzuki.

It dosen't have a Clutch he said i just accelerate and shift. It also has a starter but i have no battery to test if it works. The Quad works it runs good body is just crap lol..... my first Quad..

My Q's are I've been looking up about the motor I read that the go through Axel bearings and swingbar bearings (don't now where they are located) any help would be appreciated.

Are all suzuki quads this year bad from motors since mine dosen't have a clutch or kick start i was wondering if its a different motor.?

Heres a picture of the Quad..

Name:  IMAG0109.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  45.4 KB

Old 08-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like a lt160

Old 08-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Damm i got robbed lol.... the plastic on the front looks original the rears do not belong there.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay fount one that ecxacly like mine on ebay mine has those reverse switch and all of what that one has excepst the body parts or light.

My question is do this quad still have the bad bearings as all the other quads from this year?

86 SUZUKI Quadrunner 230 NEAR MINT quad quadsport atv | eBay

Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

we had an old bike like that. it was a 230. solid rear, front "shocks", front/rear racks. tough as nail that engine was. screamed it WOT all day and no problems. always started. its a pretty good starter bike for sure. you dont have a swing arm if its the bike i think it is.
http://resources.uship.com/resize.ph...pg&w=270&h=210

Old 08-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Twin_Stacks
we had an old bike like that. it was a 230. solid rear, front "shocks", front/rear racks. tough as nail that engine was. screamed it WOT all day and no problems. always started. its a pretty good starter bike for sure. you dont have a swing arm if its the bike i think it is.
http://resources.uship.com/resize.ph...pg&w=270&h=210

So that means i have no swing arm right? from what your saying.

That would be aswome lol...

Im doing the boy work tomorrow im going to use fiberglass to make body panels will see tomorrow.

So is this engine weak like the ones i have been reading that the chain likes to pop-off?

Thanks on your reply im reading all i can about them

Old 08-12-2011, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

yours should be shaft drive. no chain, no swinger. its a pretty bullet proof bike, at least ours was. the lt230s engine wasnt weak, the chain coming off was due to improper maintenance. mines rock solid. the engine in your quadrunner isnt as potent asthe engine in the lt230s, but its tough as nails. just do your maintenance and it should run a long time.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks alot i will start reading the manual and start doing a tune-up.

Do you guys have a idea how much registration cost in this things in california?

Also when i buy things for the motor what do i buy is mine a 2 stroke?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

4 stroke.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay well im off to start working on the plastics im using fiberglass to make them a little better.

But you guys that are familiar with this whats the first thing i should check whats a common problem on these?

I'm going to order the oil, spark plug, oil filter and air filter ohh and carb kit.

But i want to now what to expect from these or what to look for?

Quick Reply: What model is my Suzuki