Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

'87 Suzuki LT50 Shocker from the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '87 Suzuki LT50 Shocker from the Dealer

I have recently decided to get back in the swing of things and attempt to get our LT50 running again. I went to the local dealer and asked if I might have him either "jot down" the carb adjustments or print off any material that might help me make sure I have it correct. The gentleman looked at me and said "no, but I will gladly sell you a service manual where you can find all that information out on your own or schedule an appointment with you where you can bring your machine into our shop and let us do the work for you."

Now I realize I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I was very much taken back by the lack of mere courtesy or kindness from this guy. If you don't/can't share the information, that is fine and I understand so please tell me. But you can say it in a nicer manner than he did. I know when I worked in our dealership (agriculture), it may have only been information, but it was called customer service and it kept the customer coming back. The client wants to know he is dealing with someone who has knowledge and understanding about the item he has.

Sorry to vent about this but it has kind of burned my rear. Not too sure if I will be going back to driving/calling the next local dealer 45 minutes away.

Overall, I was simply disappointed in my experience at the dealership but maybe my expectations are simply too high.

Are all places like this?

Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds about right to me, not all dealerships are friendly. and there policy might be at work here also. you did not say, if you spoke with the counter person, owner, ect. or if it was the mechanic. if it was a salesperson, or counter person or the owner, that sounds about right,

Old 10-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Don't take it personal, just think, they there to sell u stuff or fix your stuff. free advise and free help, is not always the same as on a forum or internet.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forums.
I think the dealership fella is a jerk at best.
He could have the attitude of:: help this guy out with some info now and He'll prolly come back and spend some money some day.
But Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.....LOL
The parts fiche shows only 2 adjustments.
Of course the idle adjustment, and a pilot air screw.
I'd start with 1 turn out on the air screw.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sporty, I honestly do not know who the person was that I spoke with. I went to the service dept desk but the guy I spoke with answered a phone call and said he was the jack of all trades and has a lot of duties there at the dealership, so I would not be surprised if I got a salesman who was covering lunches.

There was no offense taken by his comments but really disappointed. To a point, I almost felt like I was at Wal-Mart talking to some high school or college kid who had no idea and was simply there to work his hours. Oh well, maybe if I was in his shoes, I would have a different perspective.

Anyway, I ended up purchasing the original 128 page service manual in digital format online for less than $10, so I am better of anyways.

If you need an email copy, let me know.