Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KING QUAD MODIFICATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MikeR,
I am fully aware of the modification you refer to on the KQ.

It is very appearant that you have never mudded with a Polaris 4x4 before or you would not have made the statement about the KQ having a momentum advantage because of Polaris needing rear wheel slippage to occur first.Polaris AWD system is so effective that you CANT even notice rear wheel slippage before it activates,thats how good it functions.

I have EXTENSIVELY mudded with BOTH ATVs for MANY yrs,and beleive me,the KQs 4x4 system has NOTHING over Polaris AWD system in mud,snow,or hill climbing.I have NEVER Rock Hopped in my life,maybe the KQ might have an advantage here?
Bill

Old 04-03-2001, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

Bill

I think it's time you go take a cold shower or go for a ride and cool off. Nobody asked for a flame war here and if you'll notice I never made any derogatory statements about you, your riding experience, or your machine. I'll thank you for the same consideration.

Old 04-03-2001, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

MikeR,

I am sorry but maybe I missed something. I don't see anyone flaming anyone else. The comments being made can be backed up. I am teasing Bill and will be riding with him in May on the Hatfield - McCoy trail system. I will then see if his polaris is as good as he says it is. If so I will be the first to admit it. Of course when I pull him out there will be pictures (grin)and if he has to pull me out, my camera will be broke (grin)

Remember it isn't what we ride is that we ride.

Old 04-03-2001, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Bill,

Well I jumped into this with a simple comment and I get flamed. First of all Bill(MUDDY4LIFE, very catchy by the way) get the mud out of your ears and eyes and read my post before you comment on it. I mean another person reading these two posts would have to ask them selves what are you talking about Bill?. You started out by saying I don't know what I'm talking about (remember I have a "lack of knowledge" you said). Then you ask can I explain how a cable makes it better. Hmmm if you read my post again I did explain why I thought it was better. I said "probably more to go wrong" with the electrical system. Get it? You have wires, sensors, computer chips, etc. Has your computer ever locked up pal? With a one year old quad I'm sure this is not a problem, but let's see how all that stuff works on an 8 year old quad, even a four year old quad that has been ridden hard.

Then lets see...after saying I have a "lack of knowledge"...you describe the KQ and the Polaris system almost exactly as I did. You even used cable to describe the KQ system and even used "senses" to describe the Polaris system. Didn't I say that? I mean if you say I have a "lack of knowledge" at least use different words to describe the same thing. You'll at least sound more intelligent (to some anyway).

Let's see, then you state an "opionion" (actually I believe that's "opinion", but I'm just being picky, I can't spell either) and you know what...that's great. I value other people's opinions. Personally I don't hit mud holes at 50mph and I don't try to climb 60-degree hills by getting a 30mph run at them. So I'm not going to flame you for the way you ride. I prefer a slower approach; traction is what I'm looking for. At high speeds I don't like to become an example of the laws of physics (some intellectual humor there).

And then there is your parting shot "...,well, you loose!". Well what else should I expect from someone who puts "If you want to come in second "FOLLOW ME"" after each post(seems like MUDDY4LIFE and Bill.Ciliberti are the same person, if not well I'm sorry to both). I bet you have one of those classy Calvin's (or whatever) on your vehicle. You know, the peeing ones. Even Eric said "Most of the things he(Bill) says are true and can be backed up." I know he was probably just kidding. Now with your recent post it sounds like your starting to "bash" the KQ. Something you said you never do. Now your being tough on MikeR. (BTW, go get him MikeR!.

Oh and next time you want "to help someone (me) try to better understand." well if your going to use my same words, and say the same thing...don't bother friend. Maybe you should go hang out in the Polaris section where you won't get your feelings hurt so bad when someone make a comment about your quad. This is a Suzuki forum….duh.

Oh and for the record the first quad I looked at was the Polaris Sportsman. I even sat through the safety video tape (required) for about 20 minutes to test ride one. After research with some friends who had them I decided on the Suzuki. My research indicated the Polaris were not as dependable if you kept them for a long time. My first quad was a 3-wheeler, a Suzuki ALT-185, '85 model I think, I bought it after it was 11 years old. I had it for 2 years and sold it for exactly what I paid for it. The guy who bought it still owns it today and still uses it! Come to think of it I don't see to many old Polaris'. Remember JMHO!

Yours truly,

Rob

Old 04-03-2001, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Come on Eric, your a nice guy and I enjoyed working with you on the KQ mods web site. But if you don't think I was flamed by Bill than you need to read his response to me again. I realize your going to be riding with the dude in a short while but maybe it's best to understand a person before getting closer to them.

I made my own personal comments about what Bill had to say to me in my reply. A person who says I have a "lack of knowledge" and then doesn't say anything different is obviously blowing smoke. I'm sure you'll have fun on your ride. Just "FOLLOW ME" as Bill would say

Good Luck,
Rob

Old 04-03-2001, 02:24 PM
Range Rover

Hey all you King Quad owners, if any of you have a set of those terrible, terrible stock dunlop tires with 95% or better laying around and you need someone to take em off your hands let me know and we can work something out. I'm serious.
Thanks!
John

Old 04-03-2001, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bill,
To the Suzukis defence, I will agree with you as far the traction winner would probably go to the sportsman, but you failed to mention (in my own opnion) the polaris is not a safe quad to go down a muddy hill with the ebs installed. As king owner I may not get there first, but it would be a safe bet that ill get there in one piece. Now dont get me wrong the Polaris is a fine machine, but to compaire it to the king isnt valad. They are a different machine altogether. I belive the king is in a class all by itself, since there isnt any quad out there like it. Im sorry if it seems like im bashing you but im really not.

COCHRANTON BOUND!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2001, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

First, I want to say, robnhouston, you're a worthy adversary. You're almost as good as Tree Farmer. But he is the best! Bill, is talking about quads. Beleive it or not, the guy breaths and sleeps quads. Yeah, he's still got a little racer in 'em but I wouldn't ever hold it against him. He's got a lot of pride and he's a hot dog at times. But he will help anybody with any problem just to ask. Eric, is a cool dude for trying to ease this post in Bill's defense but Bill, kinda asked for it. I don't think this is going to change the way Bill, feels about any of the many quads he's driven. It make little sense to make enemies in this forum for the sake of riding what ever the heck you ride, for any of us. Besides, if I wanted to really **** Bill off, all I'd have to do is go out and buy a Prairie 650. :0)
Now! Lets just get along, fellas...
Chuck

Old 04-03-2001, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

robnhouston,
first off pal,lets get one thing perfectly clear!I aint 'FLAMIN'' no one.And secondly,remember,I OWNED BOTH quads and if the truth hurts you that much,your the one that oughta go to another Forum.

Now,
I never said you did not know what you were talking about,[big diffrance here]what I did say was that I did'nt think you knew how the two systems funtioned and that seemed very appearant by your post.Read my post AGAIN,I have the word funtioned in [funtioned ]if your able to see that?NO where does it say I dont think you know what your talking about.[I absolutly did not flame you]

I then went on to EXPLAIN the differances in the FUNTIONING of the two systems,unlike yourself,you explained nothing.You used the word ''direct cable system'' and stoped at that!What the hell are you tring to sell us guys in here,a Satelite Dish?You accuse me of saying the same thing as you?''Yah right''I explained myself in SOME form of detail,you on the other hand sounded as though you could of been selling something[Direct Cable System?] and explained nothing!Thats why I explained it for,because you did'nt and now you want to flame me for clearifying something that you should have done in the first place,that is if you know what the hell your talking about?

MikeR,
A flame war?Give you the same concideration you give me?I never gave you or your machine any derogatory remarks either.I only spoke the truth,I said that it was appearant you did'nt mud a Polaris before,because anyone who mudded a Polaris 4x4 knows that you cant even feel the front tires kick in when they do,if thats flaming,well im sorry you feel that way.I do beleive that I said the KQ could have the advantage when it comes to Rock Hopping,am I now flaming my Xplorer?

robh,
though I have NEVER had either of my 4x4 Polaris ATVs slip the rear end around on me as you and others sometimes describe,you could certainly be correct when you say the the KQ might have the advantage in a steep down hill descend!I could see a definate advantage to the 4x4 system on a KQ vs the AWD system on the Polaris 4x4s if this does indeed happen,so far it has never happened to me.Maybe I dont ride the steeper hills in order for this to occur,it has never happened to me once yet.I dont think you are bashing me,I think you have made a very valid point worth thinking about?Maybe when I hit the Hatfield McCoy system,I will have this happen,I sure hope not though!
Bill

Old 04-04-2001, 05:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Chuck/Eric,
It appears some people are very sensitive about their ATVs.I never meant/attempted to FLAME anyone or their quad.Chuck,you've known me for some time now,I tell it like I see or experienced it,sometimes I could be wrong,though I offer someone to show me differant?

There is no war going on between a KQ and any other ATV.The simple truth is I have owned/rode/and serviced the KQ for MANY yrs,it has its good points as well as its short comings,some readers,as it appears,have a difficult time hearing a previous owner speak how he explains/perceives differant ATVs?Am I to fault for another mans shortcomings?

''He who is without sin''
MUST OWN A KQ?[lol]
Bill

Quick Reply: KING QUAD MODIFICATIONS