KING QUAD MODIFICATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 11:31 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

''He who is without sin''
MUST OWN A KQ?[lol]
Bill

Guess I am going to have to sell my King, as I am definitely not without sin. If you don't believe me ask my wife. But I will wait until after the Hatfield-McCoy trail ride. Can't miss that.

Will have to look into the Prairie 650 then.

SELL MY KING????? I think not, even if I am a sinner.

Boy am I enjoying this thread.

Old 04-04-2001, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Bill,

You tell someone they have a "lack of knowledge" and I bet you they're going to get a little defensive. You tell someone they have a "lack of knowledge" and don't explain anything different, there're probably going to really defensive. I made a 2-3 sentence comment and you came at me with both barrels! You don't think you did anything wrong, but what it called is patronizing someone. Look it up. A true leader would have handled it differently. You leave off the first sentence and the whole message takes on a different tone. Without that sentence you talking from a point of knowledge, not sarcasm.

Owning a Suzuki, Polaris or Honda had nothing to do with my response. You came at me so I'm going to defend myself, that simple. You came at MikeR, he defended himself. As you can tell a couple of others were offended by your remarks to them so I don't think I'm out in right field here. Even some of your "buddies" say your tact can be questionable. I tend to agree. I don't feel that's an excuse to be rude to someone who is offering an opinion. Offering an opinion shouldn't matter if a guy has had 20 quads or this is his first quad("you can't see the forest because of the trees", remember that one). Bill you don't own the right to offer the only "correct" opinion. What you probably did is scare off some first time posters in fear of getting "non-flamed" by you.

I really don't know where you come up with some of your comments. I mean this is a Suzuki forum, we know how our 4x system works. We certainly didn't need you to explain it. But then after wondering I noticed your last post was at 3:14AM. It's late Bill, get some sleep, collect your thoughts. Quit staying up all night typing into message boards. Go to bed with your wife or "significant other" (not that there's anything wrong with that), spend time with your kids. Don't worry about jetting a KQ vs bigger tires, but bigger tires reduce power because the final drive ratio is raised, so then you need to jet to get the power back up but does it really matter if your just crawling through the mud...whew!! 3:14AM, take some Tylenol PM, works great.

Bill, you can learn from this how others perceive your comments. See how you could have rephrased your comments and be a better person. Take someone to lunch today, send your "significant other" some flowers, and go for a walk in the park. Wow, after yesterday I sitting here trying to build you up.

Kind Regards,
Rob

PS. Please don't take the Bible out of context and follow it up with a quad comment, it's not very becoming. The passage is from John 8:7 "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

The story is about a time when the Pharisees brought a woman before Jesus who had been caught in adultery, they wanted to punish her by stoning her to death, this was the law at the time. They asked Jesus what should be done with her as a way to sort of test Him. Which law would he use? Jesus forgave the woman and spared her life. Actually he told her to go and sin no more. It's really a great story of Jesus' love for us. Just thought you would want to know the whole story.

Old 04-04-2001, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

Rob, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for the backup.
MikeR

Old 04-04-2001, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

robnhouston,
a true leader would have handled it differantly!Maybe you are right,however,I never laid the claim to the title ''true leader''.

I still hold to the fact that I did not intend to bash or flame anyone,however,reading back thru my posts,I guess if I tried to look at it from YOUR point of veiw,it could maybe be perceived as such.Im sorry if I offended you or anyone else in this Suzuki Forum,my intent was not that.I try to be as helpful as possible and maybe my post could be perceived as a little off target and harsh,but I certainly did not intend for it to be read that way.Once again,im sorry for offending anyone.

I beleive I have more posts than anyone else in these Forums,I did'nt get that way by being rude or arrogant.My record of posts vs getting along with others speaks for itself.In the future,when I am addressing you or Mike R,I will be very carefull how I write/say things.

Being the past owner of the KQ,I feel it is perfectly ok for me to address my opionion on pipes,jets,or tires.And crawling thru the mud is ok for YOU,however,if you crawl thru the mud where I ride at alot,you WILL get stuck.[Crawling WONT work here]Neither of us is either right or wrong here,just differant degrees of mudding.Its ALL ok.

Now Rob,dont tell me what to do with MY time.If I want to post at 4am in the morning,I damn straight will!And I'll do it in ANY Forum I please to.I spend PLENTY of time with my wife[1st and only wife] of 22yrs and with my 20yr old boy and 14yr old daughter.I dont need you or anyone else telling me how or what to do with MY life or time.

The bible thing?My friend,im not even going to touch that,I was ONLY joking,
Please enjoy the rest of your day,
Bill

Old 04-04-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

OK. Well I'm done.

Old 04-04-2001, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Damn!!! I don't believe it...
Bill actually wrote, "I'm sorry".
That's a print! Everybody, print that one... Quick, before he changes it...
Chuck :0)

Old 04-04-2001, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are reminding me of my 4 boyz, man am i getting a headache. I think Ill get ready for Cochranton. See ya all when I get back.

Old 04-04-2001, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

No we don't... Not even your kids could get as bad as we are... We're all somebody's problem child.
Hey Rob, didn't know you were planning to go to Penn. I'd like to go some time, maybe next year. This year it's H/M Trails. Can't wait... Take your camera and bring us back some pics. Most of all, be safe.
Chuck

Old 04-04-2001, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

robh,
when are you leaving and when do you plan on returning?Anyways,have a BLAST and please ride within you and your quads capabilities and limitations,we certainly want to hear some good stories when you return,
Bill

Old 04-04-2001, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Im leavin tommorow, gonna spend some time with the wife tomm before we leave. The guys that I ride with are making plans on going to the H/M trail system in the later summer to fall time, i would like to see us be able to do a Waine nat trip some where in between. Next weekend Im taking advantage of the long weekend and we are going to Titusvill pa also. I can almost be you might be able to see my setup in dirt wheels(made it last year). I got somethin up my sleeve and if they have an ultralight there this year he will prob get our camp in the photo of the main camp grounds. God knows they would take any pics of my battled scared king in that mag , lol. Well any ways see ya guys on Sat or Sunday, and for god sake behave, Rob

Btw took a few new pic last night and put them up on my link. Bought a atv jack had to try it out.