Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

05 400 eiger is driving me crazy

Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well a new plug didn't change anything.... and there's no limiter screw that I've found. I guess I'm gonna have him just get an aftermarket cdi box(oem= $400+) and try it. I am just at a lost as far as anything else to do. I've tried running it with and without the lights on and nothing changes... ANYTHING else to try???

Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone have a diagram with the voltage to each wire going into the cdi?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Does it have brakes lites? If so you may look to see if brake lites is on..if so it has an brake switch that could be enaged causing the cdi to think brakes are on an is limiting the ignitions....I have had this to happen on others atvs.....Just an thot.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Its sounds like an safety interlock problem...Thats why I said that....

Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I just got home and checked here then started looking for brake light switches and it seems there are two(haven't checked the fiche yet), but there is no light coming from the tail/brake light so the bulb must be blown. I'm going to try and get it out and get another one tomorrow and see what it does with a good bulb. I did notice though, near the foot brake switch the wiring has been taped together in a large ball-shaped fashion. BUT, there is only one of the two wires going into that ball coming from the switch. What you're saying makes perfectly good sense and I'll go through it until I can either rule it out or it fixes it completely. Thanks Papa!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

I was just reading you post again..And sounds like bike ran good before hauling...So makes me think safty switch is enaged some were...Good Luck Bud.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

Safety switch?? If the brake switch is the problem how would i go about bypassing it/them? Where would a safety switch be?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Is atv an auto r foot shift model?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Okay them two model I cant find an safety interlock switch..IMO they dont have one...So take the brake switches unloose an see if runs better..Do one at a time if run the same then try connect the wire to the switch together..I dont have an wiring dia, here at house so I dont know if them switches are open for system to work or closed for the system to work...I think open...But try both ways first then get back with us here....I am just doing this cause yal hauled atvs to travel to trails an may have locked the brakes down while hauling an one got stuck..Just an ideal and trying..

Old 12-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

It's the auto version. It looks like I'll be working late again tomorrow night but I'll try all that stuff with each switch when I get a day off. When I grab the brake lever(handle bar) I hear a contact being made at the lever and also down at the foot brake area, but it doesn't go the other way. I've been looking online to see which way these switches operate and I can't track down this model and apparently it matters because different models and years make a difference in the same make from what I've found. But I will absolutely let you guys know what I find out when I get a chance to fool with it in the daylight. I'm still thinking I'll try a bulb first though and go from there...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 400 eiger is driving me crazy