Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You, I will get one coming !

Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Good Luck just let us know when installed...May have to help you tune it later...

Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Also make sure you adjust the fuel level correct....

Old 12-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Papa, my rebuild kit came in and I have rebuilt the carb. I dont understand whats happening, it wont start at all. I have good battery and spark, but no fuel is getting into the carb but flows free thru the fuel line to the carb. All the brass matched up well and went back together the same way it came apart and I used the diagram to verify parts as I put them back together....I can rebuild a turbine and make a helicopter fly but I cant make a quad run!!!! Im stumped !!

Old 12-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I rebuilt the carb with all new hardware and put it back together as it came apart, all hardware matched up to the old and used the diagram to make sure it went back together correct but now I am geting fuel thru the line but getting none in the carb but a few drops, and of coarse now it wont start at all !!!! Got spark and airflow but not fuel.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Just chill out man we get it....Take carb back off or tilt carb were you can get bowl off an see if float stuck closed with an burr or float value is stuck...Try this an dont laugh .....Get an q-tip an put in an drill. dip q-tip in value lapping compound an buff seat or polish seat...Sometime the stains or varnish from the fuel thr the years can build up an changed the clearance between the float value[needle] and float vale seat,,since you have an new float value or float this build up could cause it to stick...BUT make sure after you finish with your buffing,,, please wash the compound out...If you dont get all of the compound out it could damage values and engine..I always spray with carb cleaner and us compres air to blow off...If you check out an fuel is flowing out of carb with bowl off [still hooked up to fuel tank than your jets could have picked up something..maybe a piece of cracked fuel line just be real careful when disasseble an watch for black specs in fuel,,,If yo see this..may want to look at the inside of fuel line an see if its is flaking off or cracking off and getting fuel flow..If this is whats happening then IMO install new fuel line.Sorry for the long post...Good lck get back while us here.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well at least you can make me laugh about it Papa...
I pulled it apart again to verify and it was ok, (the jet} put carb back on, fired up, ran a little rough, kept it running till warm then headed down the road, after 1/4 mile it made it to 25mph while I babied the throttle. on the way back I hit 30 and I am used to this running at 54...it revs good with a little sputtering until I put it under a load....it died when I tried to put it in reverse and would not start again so pushed it back into the garage and there it sits!!!!!!

I will pull it back apart again and clean the float valve seat

Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Does it sound like its running lean now???? I f so before you take apart again..Ride again but when engine starts running bad ease the choke on to see if thats helps or not! Does it have an stock air filter?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

No need in cleaning seat now unless float value is sticking

Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

Has the diaphram got a hole? Not always in the kits.