Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Wont Rev up

Old 12-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, If time allows I will try these things this afternoon and be back on here tonight to update.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, so I 1st blocked off 1/2 the air and it just acted like it was strugling for air, while holding the rpms steady I covered it 1/2 up and it would bog down alittle until I uncovered it.... After that I went ahead and pulled the carb again, I found some .025 thick brass washers and installed one, thought it was better on start up, still would not hold its idle but seemed to have full rpms. Took it outside and hit it about half throtle and took off great and 15mph fell on its face spitting and sputtering..... Tried it again and same results but could hardly keep it running at low rpms... it died because I let the idle get to low and would not restart.... wait a couple hours and it starts back up easy like nothing is wrong..... So, with all that being said, I dont think anything has changed.

Also when its starts spitting and sputering under a load the exhaust goes from a grey color to black puffs but only when its spitting and sputering..

Thanks again for all the help

Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

I want to Thank You Papa HS for all your help and advice,
My quad is up and running very well now,
by pin pointing and issue with the needle and main after all I have tried including many shims on the needle I decided to clean and reinstall the old needle and main to see if it would help and it started and ran great. The needle in the rebuild kit was brass and the original needle was stainless and thats the only difference.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats Quadfussion......Your very welcome...Glad we all could help....And thanks for hanging in there an NOT giving up.....Thats proof of an true mechanic.....I know you are very proud you can ride now an SO am I......

Old 12-03-2021, 02:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by papa hogg scoot
Pinch off the fuel line with an pair of needle nose pliers an listen to the engine while hold pliers and engine throttled up...when engine stars running out of fuel see if it runs and revs good before it engine quits...If engines run fine then you have an fuel promblem if run the same prolly ignition problem...Than get back us here an we will go for there..Good luck

hi, I am having the same issue with my quad, when it is running out of fuel it does rev out, it smells very rich I have the tuning to standard tuning can you guys help me out at all please

Search this Thread