Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

94 Suzuki LT-4WD Quad Runner Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Suzuki LT-4WD Quad Runner Problems

Hello everyone!

I have a 1994 Suzuki LT-4WD Quad Runner. My grandpa purchased it from my uncle back in 95. I was only 2 years old. After my grandpa passed away it was handed down to me, as well as another four wheeler which is a 90's something Yamaha.

Anyway, last summer I was riding down our gravel road and some kids were playing in the road. I locked up the brakes and hit a ditch to avoid them. I messed up my back pretty badly as well as the four wheeler.

It is now almost deer season and I need something to pull it out my deer with. The four wheeler starts, but it has white smoke. There is also some kind of short in the negative battery cable. You can wiggle it and the neutral light will go on and off. Also the front right tire has some kind of resistance to it, acting like it's locked up.

Needless to say the fourwheeler has some mechanical issues, but at least it turns on. It just won't stay idling very long, and the white smoke is concerning.

If anyone has any information as how to fix it. I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Old 11-17-2014, 02:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

The front brake will probably be stuck with disuse. It will need to be freed off by taking to pieces and de-rusting the seized parts. The negative wire must have a break in it or a loose connection at one end of the wire you are wiggling. If you can't fix it, fit a new wire of at least the same thickness. White smoke is odd as you get blue from burning oil, and dark grey from excessive fuel. This smoke also smells distictively. Are you sure the exhaust hasn't filled with water while standing? This would turn to steam as the hot gas passes over it but would stop once the exhaust empties. If the problem is oil or fuel you will need to fix it but, if it is just steam, fix the brake and earth, then take it for a long run.