Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Runability/Power issues with Dynojet jet kit - 2005 Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasteratv
More than likely the diaphragm does not have a hole it....you would feel it any time you nailed the throttle...it would pop and probably backfire. The main jet controls the top end speed. With the stock main ( and jet needle ) now installed...you should have the same performance you had before installing the Dynojet kit. Have you done anything else...like intalled larger tires or anything? Added any weight of any kind? Good charge on the battery?
I do have one size larger tires on all the way around, as well did some minor clutching changes, but this was all done prior to this current issue, and it ran great. The one thing that I will do is put the trickle charger on the battery to ensure it has a full charge. Other than that, I am at a loss with what it could be. After charging the battery, and if that does not do it, I will go through it again and see if I may have missed something. Thanks for all of your insight...much appreciated!

Old 05-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bluffcountrywarrior
I do have one size larger tires on all the way around, as well did some minor clutching changes, but this was all done prior to this current issue, and it ran great. The one thing that I will do is put the trickle charger on the battery to ensure it has a full charge. Other than that, I am at a loss with what it could be. After charging the battery, and if that does not do it, I will go through it again and see if I may have missed something. Thanks for all of your insight...much appreciated!
Good luck with it. Keep us informed on what you find...hope it's something simple......

Old 06-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Problem solved...ended up being the diaphragm was not full seated, so got that taken care of and runs great with the jet kit in it. Thanks for all the help; much appreciated!

Old 06-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bluffcountrywarrior
Problem solved...ended up being the diaphragm was not full seated, so got that taken care of and runs great with the jet kit in it. Thanks for all the help; much appreciated!
Glad you got it figured out. Ride....and have some fun!

Old 06-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Good news! Sorry I didn't think of that. My AC was very sensitive to getting the right c-clip setting, btw (same motor). When I finally got the wideband, discovered it was pig rich, but ran good.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by hydrex
Good news! Sorry I didn't think of that. My AC was very sensitive to getting the right c-clip setting, btw (same motor). When I finally got the wideband, discovered it was pig rich, but ran good.
^^^ wouldn't be concerned...in was brought up in three different posts in this thread....just took him a couple of trys to get it seated....