Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I finally found an ozark, but it has a tranny slip issue. Need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 05:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally found an ozark, but it has a tranny slip issue. Need some help.

I finally found a decent looking Ozark at a fair price in my area. I bought it. But, at full throttle in the upper gears, there is a small slip in the transmission. The guy said he had adjusted the clutch in the past. My guess is that it will need replacement. Can someone clue me in to this or provide some advice on how to fix this. The price was much better than the other Ozarks I had seen, so I took a chance on this. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Parts Finder Off-Road Express
There is a parts fiche. #4 is the actual clutch part that expands when rpm's increase.
The springs could be weak on that part or maybe those clutch disc's could be wore.
Ask Merryman.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Centrifugal clutches usually work fine until the friction material wears down to the steel backing. The motorcycle style multiplate clutch is a bit more difficult to check, as glazed plates can cause slipping when there is still "meat" on them. Either way, the case has to come off and the clutch plates and shoes inspected for wear. Most people just check the centrifugal shoes, and if they are OK, fit a new set of friction plates on the multiplate, which should cure the problem.