lt230E wont start - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

lt230E wont start

Old 01-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default lt230E wont start

I have recently been working on my 1988 lt230e. I was able to get it running a few weeks ago and had a blast with it. The throttle stuck slightly so i bought a new one to replace it. I put it on, but then the bike sat for about two weeks without use. When i tried to start it a last week I couldn't get it to run. Electric systems works fully and has a new battery. I tested the spark plug with a tester and it was fine. Starter turns the engine over just fine. When i turn it over, i don't get any noise from the engine/exhaust. It won't even start to catch or stumble. Literally nothing happens when i turn it over, even if i spray starting fluid right into the intake without the filter on . My first thought was the carb being clogged up. Took it off and everything looked good but i cleaned it anyway. Emptied the gas tank, put in fresh fuel, and flushed out the car several times. still nothing. Right now, I really can't think of anything, so i was wondering if any of you had some advice.

Last edited by zbow; 01-12-2019 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 01-13-2019, 04:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

"I tested the spark plug with a tester and it was fine"

The ignition system is best tested by removing plug, replacing the plug lead on it and touching the metal part of the plug to the head or cylinder then spin the engine over on the starter. If you get a good spark, check compression is over 90psi.