Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

top speed of a Suzuki King Quad 300?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill!!! You're doing it again!! slap! slap!

What Sx said about a 2 stroke and 4 stroke said is absolutely correct. And what you said is absolutely correct. Read and understand first!! Why do you continue to tell people they're wrong or don't understand when it's you that are not understanding? Oh yeah...I remember. Nevermind. I now see your sign.

A stroke is a motion from top to bottom or bottom to top. Each stroke = 1/2 revolution. I'm not going to explain it further because I know both of understand the process.

2 strokes engines (or 2 cycle engines) have certain characteristics over a 4 cycle. 1) They generally rev higher. They reved higher because there are fewer moving parts in the head. However the newer 4 cycle engines are pretty close these days. 2) They are lighter, great for leaf blowers, trimmers, etc. But technology is catching up, you now see 4 cycle boat engines and even the newer more expensive trimmers are coming with 4 cycle engines...which leads to 3) the number one reason is they're cheaper to build. Less parts, less moving parts, less engineering. They're a cheaper engine.

But why do you see these 4 cycle engines showing up instead of the old 2 cycles? Because technology, they're learning how to build them lighter and stronger than before.

Rob

Old 05-24-2001, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rob,
sorry,but there is a differance between an engine reving and an engine stroke,[srx6 mentions HIGH rev bull]he mentions NOTHING about a complete piston revolution.If you dont know the differance between an engine reving,a piston revolution,or a piston stroke,im not going to waste my time tring to explain it,especially to you.

Again,,
I NEVER told ANYBODY that they were wrong or dont understand,you really need to take a class on reading correctly and keep your dirty nose where it belongs.Instead,I said I beleived his statement to be somewhat incorrect,and it is.He confuses piston strokes/engine revs/and piston/engine revolutions.Each time the piston is sent up OR down in the cyclinder its a STROKE not an engine HIGH rev.His post reads,HIGH REV BULL.That could possible lead one to beleive he is refering to an engine reving up.I thought I did a respectable job of clearing that up till you stuck your nose in?

And your also not completely correct on why 4 stroke engines are showing up more than 2 strokes today.The truth is,its because of the pollution that the 2 strokes give off vs the 4 strokes.Thats what started this ENTIRE Government issue on 4 strokes over 2 strokes.Sure,technogoly is much better on the 4 strokes today,but its not the main reason for using them in place of the 2 strokes.You know,enviromental/government concerns?Now go blow your nose and say your sorry,
Bill

Old 05-24-2001, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

BILL, you did it again! You get yourself outta this one. You worry too much about the wrong thing. What the heck do you care if I run 45 or 65 MPH? Get a life...
Chuck

Old 05-24-2001, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Chuck,
where do you get off writing me a post like that?''You did it again,you get yourself outta this one''ect ect?

First off,
I never requested your help at ANY time in this Forum,I sure as hell dont need you to argue my battles for me either.So much for me getting myself out of this one![Im a big boy].When I need your help as you seemed to think,I'll ask for it!

And further,
I could give a rats a$$ if your quad runs 5mph or 90 mph,that was never an issue.I made one very simple polite comment on the POSSIBILITY of your jetting being incorrect and you take this whole freaking thing out in left field somewhere?If your content with the performance of your ATV,thats all that counts.I only made a respectable comment and questioned the jetting.If thats offensive to some of you Suzuki guys,than thats just to damn bad,you'll have to deal with it.I'll STOP at that?
Chuck,
bad day at work today?
Bill
Bill

Old 05-25-2001, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry Bill, don't mean to open a can of worms but I'm not wrong!! A 2 stroke or 2cycle engine fires once for every 360* rotation of the crank or once per revolution. A 4 stroke or 4 cycle fires once for every 720* rotation of the crank or once per every two revolutions.

Old 05-25-2001, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

"2 strokes fire once per rev whereas a 4 stroke fires 1 for every 2 revs".

What's a stroke? What's a cycle? How many strokes = one revolution? How many cycles = one revolution? How many strokes to fire a 2 stroke in a 2 cylinder engine. What is the real definition of "is". Come on Mr. Wizzard.

Do you know what a "rev" is Bill? It's revolution, look it up in Webster's. You know a politician can mix words and make them sound different. You have the ability to mix words and make them sound the same. What's the point other than to hear your lip flap.

Your really loosing your creditability with those types of comments Bill.

Rob

4 year old little girl: "Look Mr. Bill, it's a yellow and black bumble bee.

Mr Bill: "little girl...I beleive that statement to be somewhat incorrect,instead,the bumble bee is black and yellow....Just thought I'd point that out.

bzzzzz

Old 05-26-2001, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Mr. Bill! Is it yellow and black or black and yellow? Only you know for sure and I certainly want to know how you feel about it.
You know Bill, you really don't have many post in the Polaris Forum. There are other Polaris, owners that come to the Suzuki Forum, to read and post but none as incredibly insulting as you have been the last few weeks. It's as though you think you're the only one that has any knowledge about the utility quads here. Maybe you have very little knowledge about Polaris, that's why you have problems posting there. And Bill, the next time you want to use an ACRONYM like (ect). It's really spelled "ETC". That's not to disgrace you with spelling as much as it is to show lack of attention to detail. I'm still your big bro or "granps" as you say. Take a look at yourself before you try to respond. That's it for me in this thread...
Chuck

Old 05-27-2001, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep,
im also done playing school teacher to a bunch of ????
BYE

Old 05-27-2001, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

sxr6,
much better job of explaining yourself this time.Im sorry,but when you posted the words,

''but I have to comment on this high rev bull''I took it that you were refering to an engine ''REVING UP'' and not an engine revolution.I did not bash you for your statement,I only attempted to clearify a statement that you posted and I evidently perceived incorrectly,but a few people took it like a cry baby and had to make a much bigger issue out of it than it is.I completely understand you now.And thanks for posting in a polite/respectable fashion such as myself.

Now Charles,
If your going to KNOCK my spelling,YOU also spelled GRAMPS,''granps''.

Now thats not to disgrace you with your spelling as much as it is to show a lack of attention to detail.[YOUR wording!]

Now if you two guys[Chuck-Rob] think that my posts are INCREDABLY insulting,may I suggust you BOTH write the moderator and tell him to come and read my posts in here,and let HIM decide whats oppropiate/insulting and whats not and quit trying to Police this Forum yourselfs,its NOT working.

And as for me having a problem posting in the Polaris Forum?Hardly,but I admire you for attemting to think so and fine fault with me.You see,I like reading as much as I can in each Forum,not just Polaris.

I beleive the real problem lies deep within your innerselves.Close your eyes,now take a DEEP breath,let it out Slowly.After a few times of this breathing technique,you actually see my Polaris pulling you out.This is really getting to you two and I can see it in the way you post.Perhaps adding a few more breaths before letting it out and typing?
Happy Memorial Day!
Bill

Old 05-27-2001, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

boy i cant stop laghing at this post. the qeustion was "top speed of a suzuki king qaud 300?" now it's "yellow and black bees" come on it was a very simple qeustion.

Quick Reply: top speed of a Suzuki King Quad 300?