Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Rear Shock Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey again everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew about rebuilding the LT500r's rear shock. Since everybody knows this poor zilla that I'm trying to fix has been beaten up some, some where along the way, somebody broke off the shcrader valve on the rear shock rezzy. Its been like this for awhile now, and I dont want to put the quad back togather with the rear shock in this condition. Is it worth rebuilding, or should I find another one? I'm leaning torwards getting another, as this one may already be wrecked. Pennzilla, Do you have any spare rear shocks for this? I can rebuild it if nessicary. Any input would be great. Thanks again.

Old 06-05-2001, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

Well I have a rear shock here I am using it temorarily While I get mine redone and that willl take about 3 weeks because it takes a week for the powder coat guy to do the spring, and then off to the rebuild shop. If I were you I would send it to works and have the shock rebuilt, and have them install a new rezzy, or fix yours. This way it is ready to go. If you want the one I got let me know and I will push hard to get mine back.

Old 06-05-2001, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer

Penn,

How much are you asking for yours, once you get it back?
Do you know how much works perf. will charge for a shock rebuild and rezzy replacement?

If your shock is a good amount cheaper, I'll just grab that, I'm in no big hurry really, still gotta get the frame painted and the motor redone, plus a linkage bearing and go thru the rest of it.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Old 06-05-2001, 06:50 PM
Range Rover

Works heart transplant rebuild goes for 180 bucks, as for the rezzy I am not sure but I wouldn't think it would be over 100 bucks. I would need 200 for the one I got but I think you would be better ahead of the game to go with works because then your shock would be setup for your wieght and riding conditions. They may be able to salvage your rezzy. I would give works a call and see what they have to say before you make any choices. The shock I have being redone is the stock one but after I get the spring powder coated purple I am sending it to works to have them do the heart transplant on it and it will be the same as their quadstar shock with out paying a fortune.