Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

**IMPORTANT** help me choose my new bike!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would deffinately go for the first one! if you want, then you can add a pipe of your choice, and not what the other guy wanted. always go for the nicer quad. you will thank yourself later. my friend bought a 2000 trailblazer right when the 2001's where coming out, and it was really beaten. now he is paying about $200 everyother ride to have the breaks rebuilt! it is a huge piece, and it is slower than a normal trailblazer! sorry, kinda off subject, but go for the nice one. it will be worth more latter too. make one engine a really nice stock one, and mod the other one, it could be a collectors thing.

Old 07-09-2001, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

Without a doubt go for the one in best condition. That first one sounds great! if a shop is gona tell you the engine is in good condition then thats a very very good start.

Old 07-09-2001, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

cool. thanx every1 i've decided to get the first one now. the only thing that sucks about it is that i won't have any money to put into it after i buy it. i wanna get a set of pipes, reeds, filters, you know all the basics, then i wanna get some shocks for it. right now its all stock.

Old 07-09-2001, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

I tell you the 92 motor should be the clincher. Suzuki did do some improvements every year so the 92 motor is definately better than the 89 motor (stock for stock) and light years ahead of a modified 85-87. You can always save and put money into improvements, and you already know that putting money towards expensive repairs just plain sucks. I don't think there were any major chassis changes between 89 and newer. The Q-racers were always fast on flat tracks and drags, but not the best choice for hard core moto.
Good luck!

Old 07-09-2001, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

true true, but i am gonna moto this one! heh heh, maybe i'll get one of those weld on front ends for it...

Old 07-09-2001, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

*please dont beat me up* have you thought of a blaster? For that price you can get a NEW one, mabe even a newer one all decked out.. I just saw a 98 for $1,200.. You could get two at that price.. Anyways.. just a suggestion..

Old 07-09-2001, 09:16 PM
Range Rover

yeah but half as much power. dont get me wrong i like the blasters but the LT is a mint bike

Old 07-09-2001, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

my friend has a brand new 2001 blaster. i would not be able to stand one! they are so tiny and underpowered feeling to me. plus i'm way to hard on my quads. it would break in less than a month. hell i almost broke his and i was only riding for like a half hour on it! i need a lot better suspension too. i was bottoming that thing out on a little tiny jump that i was only getting 3 feet in the air off of (flat landing though). i'm sure their nice for some people but for me its not. thanx for the suggestion though lol. plus i think the LT's look better and that to me is important. thats why i wanted a 250r because they just look so cool. anyways i think i'll stick with the LT's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2001, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Well.. it was just a suggestion.. I think any new machine SHOULD last longer than a machine 10yrs old, even if it does have recent motor work, other stuff could be worn.. and you could end up spending ALOT of money on nickel and dime parts.. like bearings/bushings/etc.. What about a banshee? There are alot more of those floating around then LT's, alot easier to find parts.. If you insist on buying an older machine why not buy a Tecate4/zilla500/h250r?? I think tecate's look mint, and the lt500's HAUL... anyways.. bla..bla...

Old 07-10-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Juggalo, what quad do you want? Not what you can afford because I have seen m,any Zilla's, T4's, 250R's, and Bnahsee's for around 3000, i have even seen some for 2000. Check out atvtrader.com I think there is a bunch of quads besides LT's in your area. I am nt bagging LT's cause I want one but I would rather have an "R" or Quadzilla

Quick Reply: **IMPORTANT** help me choose my new bike!