Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What is the new zuki gonna be competing with?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jcv400ex,

Are you an idiot? Let's look at things objectivly. Your 400EX is based on the XR400 motor that has been detuned to work in a quad. The Quad Sport is based on a DRZ 400 motor that has more power than the XR 400 when they are both in dirt bikes. Even though Suzuki will detune the motor for ATV use it will be detuned the same percentage as your 400EX which means it will still be more powerful. Is that hard to understand?

The modern engine design of the Suzuki will have far more hop up potential than the ancient air cooled motor in your 400EX. Why don't you wait until the Quad Sport comes out and ride and race against a few machines before you go spouting off "facts" that you can't possibly know anything about.

Old 10-11-2001, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new Suzuki will cut into the 400ex sales big time. So Honda will be forced to upgrade their 400ex to stay competitive.

If this new Suzuki will be the same price as the 400ex, then I don't know why anyone would buy a 400ex instead of this thing. (Unless it has serious design flaws or bad handling). On paper, at least, it looks to be all the 400ex is plus liquid cooling, more high tech motor, and reverse.

Old 10-11-2001, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

D!ckrider,

Um, where do I begin. Are you an idiot? Let's look at things objectivly. From what I can tell ( and I'm not alone here) this engine will be considerably de-tuned from the bike. More than the 400ex. They have a decent chassis it looks like, but I do not think that this engine will be competitive with the EX. This is my evaluation. If you don't like it!? THen you know where your supper's hangin.

"The modern engine design of the Suzuki will have far more hop up potential than the ancient air cooled motor in your 400EX."

How?! No sleeve to overbore, 2 cams to **** with. MAYBE, a better head design to work with. That's it.

We'll see. I don't think it will. Suzuki really took this thing way too lightly and built a wussy quad in my OPINION! Agian! Mine! You followin that yet?!

Old 10-11-2001, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Look Chump, you obviously are in denial that the Suzuki is more advanced than your 400EX. Please tell us how air cooling can be an advantage to performance? Enlighten me as to why the Suzuki, using a modern cylinder coating, is in fact a step backwards from the old school, iron based piston bores. Perhaps you should take a look at the world around you and see that MX bikes, snowmobiles, and high performance street bikes all use a cylinder coating because it transfers heat far more efficently than an old style iron bore.

I'd love to hear your rational as to why two cams in a liquid cooled engine are less performance orientated than the single cam in your air hammer 400EX. Is the early '80s style RFVC head on your 400EX better the newest designs? I guess Yamaha really screwed up by not basing the YZ 426 and Raptor on a 20 year old design. Dam, you are a genius!

Maybe when you get some time you could tell everyone in this forum how you know for sure that the new Quad Sport is so detuned that it will not compete with a 400EX. Did Suzuki invite you to the testing sessions? I thought not.

The Quad Sport 400 is obviously aimed directly at the 400EX and on paper at least, it has everything it will need to smoke it. Until the tests come out neither you nor I have any idea how well it will perform in them real world so why don't you keep you ill concieved "opinion" to yourself. I would say your "opinion" is more a bash than a well thought out position.

Old 10-11-2001, 05:34 PM
bsr
Trailblazer

There competing with honda, suzuki has been competing againts honda for years. Don't forget they both manufacture cars and dirtbikes. But I do think they copied from raptor and 400ex, I guess they needed ideas for a body style so they just copied from raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Okay there Georgia Peach, whatever you say man. I'm just puttin out the facts. Yeah, in theory, this engine should blow my 400ex away. Liquid cooled, 2 cams and all that. But I guess you don't know enough to really see what your reading there. And are we not in America!? I can post my opinion where ever I feel like it. Nuttin you can do about it. SORRY! *smack*

Old 10-11-2001, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Opinions are welcomed. Uneducated, misinformed rants are not. Your posts and replies have bled ignorence from the start. Why don't you quit before you make yourself look like a complete baffoon and go back to the Honda forum. Maybe there you can find another Junior High student that believes the dival you insist on spewing.

BTW, does your Mom know you are using her computer?

Old 10-11-2001, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2001, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

OK guys lets try to get this back to where it started. I do say I have to side with rockrider on this one though. I don't believe that the new Z400 was targeted to compete with the Raptor or DS650 in straight line acceleration. But, put these machines on a tight wooded trail, and I feel that the Z will have the advantage. It was designed to get more market share from Honda and outperform it as well. I was almost going to buy a 400EX this fall but when the serious talks came out about the new Suzuki and even the new Polaris, I decided to wait. It looks like I have to wait no longer. I will be the first in my area with a new Z400 sitting in my garage along side the SP500 and Scrambler 90. I am not brand loyal and would sell any of my machines in a heartbeat if there was something that I felt would suit my needs better. As it stands now, I'm about 2 steps from trading the SP500 in for a new Vinson. Why? Lighter, I feel a better motor, and quicker. But before anyone jumps on the speed bandwagon and says that speed doesn't make a good machine, I must say that I like to have a machine that can haul some ***. My SP is a pre-HO model and the Vinson will run away hands down. Polaris needs to act soon or they will lose another customer.

Old 10-12-2001, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

"Opinions are welcomed. Uneducated, misinformed rants are not. Your posts and replies have bled ignorence from the start. Why don't you quit before you make yourself look like a complete baffoon and go back to the Honda forum. Maybe there you can find another Junior High student that believes the dival you insist on spewing.

BTW, does your Mom know you are using her computer? "

My opinion is both an educational and informed interpretation. I have these things called 2 eyes and a brain. Ever hear of those? I've based my post on what the Suzuki web site has listed for specs on their new machine, and I've used experiences with my 400ex and others to come to my conclusion.
My posts!? Your the one who started on me!????? I'm going to quit? Nope. Go back to the Honda forum...nope. Agian, I can look at whatever I want to man. Another Junior High Student, eh? I'm sorry, I'm 25 and an engineer at a very good company. And I'm using my own computer and my it's my own laptop. Anything else?

Quick Reply: What is the new zuki gonna be competing with?