Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to warn my fellow atvers about quadpro. So that hopefully YOU can avoid getting screwed. I think you will see what i am talking about in the below email correspondence between myself and quadpro. The email starts at the initial email and ends with my final email. Start at the bottom and read up from there to start at the first email hope it safes someone sometime. JUST IRRITATED WITH BEING LIED TO

Daniel I unfortunately did need the part. So now after 16 hours worth of sanding and a trip to the vinyl shop. I have finally got it to acceptable shape still not “perfect”. I would appreciate some type of compensation for my time and money I had to spend to fix your “perfect” headlight ***’y . I feel I was grossly overcharged for those parts especially considering what type of shape they were in, far from perfect. Not to mention you told me 20 dollars for shipping and charged 30. I also before describing a piece to someone would surely have taken a look at it or tell them I had not seen it, but not lie to them about what condition it was in. Not to mention I specifically asked for a picture and you guaranteed me perfect condition. Why would you not take a look then? Also on the phone when I called to complain when I received it you said that was the best one you had, which tells me you had to have seen it before you shipped it. So why not at that time call or email me to let me know what a crap piece I was getting and see if I still wanted it. There is no way a piece that needed 16 hours worth of work “and there are still scratches I couldn’t get out” and 20 dollars worth of vinyl is worth 90 dollars not including your 30 dollar freight bill. I am sure I am not the first person you screwed but I will try to let everyone know what type of experience I have had to try and warn them unless you make this right by refunding a portion of the price to me

Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 3:52 AM
To: JERRY KENNEDY
Subject: Re: vttquadpro

Hi Jerry; I think that we talked already about that, you dont have to be upset, we are doing very good business. We are honest , if for any reasons, the part is not convenient for you, please call me or send it back for a full refund.
We are working hard to have a good reputation but if a mistake happened, we are sorry and willing to take the responsability. When give the informations, we give it with the best of our knowlege. The parts are in a warehouse and when i said that it was in perfect shape, i was sincerely sure that it was.
Sorry again for the inconvenient.
Thanks!

BY THE WAY FULL REFUND DID NOT INCLUDE $30 SHIPPING. PLUS BY THIS TIME I HAD ALREADY GOT THE PEICE OF CRAP LOOKING BETTER BUT NOT PERFECT AFTER 16HRS HE HAD BETTER PAY ME FOR FIXING IT FOR HIM IF HE WANTS IT SENT BACK
Daniel (450)565-6686

JERRY KENNEDY wrote:
I received your part today if is far from the perfect condition you guaranteed. The plastic is scratched all over. Also where is all the hardware like the nuts and bolts to put this on. The headlight cover is a piece of trash. You have lied and done such poor business. I will never refer you guys to anyone and I will be sure they know you reputation and how very dishonest you are. You should at least lower the price because the thing does not come as you said.
----- Original Message ----- MY 3RD EMAIL!!!! NOT TO HAPPY AT THIS POINT

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 12:04 PM
To: JERRY KENNEDY
Don't worry the part is in perfect condition Garantee. It comes with everything including the glass.
Thanks! THE BIG LIE THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTED
QuadPro (450)565-6686

JERRY KENNEDY wrote:
I am very interested in the ***'y. If you could please email me a picture so I can see what type of condition it is in. Just to verify does that include the headlight itself or just the cowl and the mounting hardware. Because I just found out I will be needing it all. thanks
MY 2nd EMAIL TRYING TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T GETTING A P.O.S.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 7:06 AM
To: jr7112@msn.com
Hi!
A headlight ***'y is $90 complete with all the hardware.
Thanks! HIS RESPONSE
QuadPro (450)565-6686

jr7112@msn.com wrote:
> formpak.cgi de votre site Sitepak a recu une soumission du formulaire a:
> http://www.quadpros.com/en/order.html.
> Le formulaire a ete soumis par (jr7112@msn.com) le jeudi 27 septembre 2001 a 19:43:01
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> suzuki: LT 230 S
>
> yamaha: MODELES
>
> honda: MODELES
>
> kawa: MODELES
>
> details: 88 quadsport headlight guard it is white plastic that surrounds headlight also need neccessary > hardware to mount onto machine
1st email to find out if he had the part

Old 10-13-2001, 12:19 AM

yeah, I've been warned about them before, they barely speak english it seems like sometimes. they wanted 900 canadian for a quadracer 250 engine. that's not a bad price but i'm sure it would have been junk.

Old 10-13-2001, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

How much is the pieces you wanted new? Generally it is half of new for used ... pretty much regardless of condition ... as long as it works. I would say the best thing to do would have been to send the parts back as soon as you seen it wasn't what you wanted ... at least confirm that they would refund you $ before expecting they would. You mentioned that you wanted a picture of the parts before receiving them ... did you not get the picture? If not why would you take the parts? What would ever allow someone to think that their opinion of condition is going to be the same as someone else's opinion ... buyer and seller opinions are usually on the opposite side of the fence. Generally if you want something in new condition you have to pay new prices. I am not affiliated with the company, I am not sticking up for them, but second hand, stored, parts are just that. If you don't see it, don't expect much ... speaking from experiance. I think it all comes down to expectation, so for the future I am sure you have had your opinion adjusted ... at least that must be worth something? I know I had to learn the hard way too. Just my 2 cents ...

Old 10-14-2001, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

I think it sucks when you can't trust a dealer. Regardless if he saw the picture or not you should be able to just a dealer when he says the part is in "perfect" condition. I can't believe he said that without even looking at it! I'll never order from them.

Old 10-15-2001, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

This has put some dought in my mind about QuadPros.

I was just going to order 2 rear rims and a gas tank for a 350X from them.

Is there any other quad wreckers in Canada?

I thought about ordering parts from the US, but shipping and duty would probably be very high. And it would probably be quite a delay as well.

QuadPros is in Montreal, isn't it?

Old 10-15-2001, 11:27 PM

I too would like a quad wrecker from canada...

Old 10-16-2001, 03:44 AM
Trailblazer

Yes Kadafiy it does suck, but that is the way it goes. Stop and think ... dealers in anything are trying to sell. A used car dealer will try to rip you off when you can stand there and see something, drive it, etc.. As long as someone has something they know you want they will try to find a way to present it to you in such a way that will get you passing money. At least they try to anyway. That is what salesman are paid to do. In this case they abused a customer's trust. That won't keep you in business long, so if this company is willing to lose a customer over a $100.00 order then so be it, but I bet it has allowed 89CTLT500R to learn from his mis-placed trust. There is an old saying ... "Believe half what you see and none of what you hear!" ... my grandfather lived by that and after being ripped off a few times on allot larger scale then 89CTLT500R has been I learned my lesson. Very seldom I have found a wrecker to save me money in the long run. In the rare occaision second hand has saved me money I wasted my time looking at, removing and travelling to get the parts, so did it really save me anything?

As an idea 89CTLT500R ... too bad quadpro didn't have a link to this thread for their reading enjoyment ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As for wreckers ... the best source is to walk into a dealer's garage and ask the mechanics. Sometimes they, or friends of theirs, will have a stockpile, or know someone who does. <u>Never ask for anything used in the shiny area of a shop!</u>[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh yea ... good luck.

Old 10-16-2001, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I dealt once with them on the phone...not twice. All he told me was &quot;hold on a second&quot;...after 5 mins of waiting and 10 &quot;hold on&quot;...I don`t hold anymore. duh.

Old 10-19-2001, 11:56 AM
zoo
Pro Rider

Unfortunately this is sometimes the nature of the beast, when trying to find parts for older machines. I've had my share of bad dealings trying to find parts for my LT500R and like all of you, I too work hard for my money and find it extremely difficult to hand over money for used parts &quot;sight unseen&quot;.

Mail order companies appearently feel that screwing a few individuals can't possibly hurt their business, but I am here to tell you that forums such as this is the perfect place to do just that. It gets the word out and possibly also prevents another ATVing brother from getting taken.

On a personal note I have had good luck with Cycle Pros, (used parts) in fact the last item I purchased from them came to me broken, they didn't even question it, &quot;just send it back and we'll replace it with another one&quot;.

Old 10-20-2001, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

I had a bad deal with quad pro also...Write Dirt Wheels or what ever place you found the ad and tell them...that is what I did and eventually the mag will drop the company.

By the way the company that was given a favorable report above is a good one from my experience too.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!