Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Da Aussie Zilla Is Back!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 02:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey people,

Well you may remember a while back i was in the midst of rebuilding my mighter zilla. Well finally the bad boy is back together. Engine went in fine, connected up everything, and she started fifth kick from bein totally stripped.....not bad! best thing is, i hadnt even set up the carby and the engine just sat there with a perfect idle.

For all those who didnt know, i had blown the 1,2,3,and 4 gears. The box would only hold in 5th. Got all that fixed at an engine shop. they did very very good work. I also stripped the chassis, resprayed it metalic silver, powder coated the shock springs jet black, chromed the a-arms rear grab bar and footpegs etc etc, detailed everything and put on new tyres all round, new sprockets and chains etc etc. This baby is back to new again. Its got a new set of paddles on at the moment but im lookin to get another set of rims with Razrs all round.

Needless to say, im very happy that she ran so well. Next weekend is its first big test. We're goin riding at Lancelin dunes so hopefully she stays together. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] love that zilla [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2001, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear you got it together again! I just got a project Zilla on Saturday so now I am going to be putting all my time and money into it. I have a couple questions though, I have never ridden a 500 before and the A-Arms seem to be pretty far in front of you, does this cause some sort of weird handling? I am looking for a swingarm and a complete motor so if you know of one let me know!

Old 10-15-2001, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

Its usually a good idea to have a ride of a quad before you buy to check if you like the way it handles. I did the same. Had a quick ride on a mates Banshee and then went and bought one....i hate the banshee handling (im talkin stock). One thing you'll notice when riding the zilla is the weight. but it surprisingly nimble for the weight. Yes the fronts are way out there, but it works. im able to change direction alot easier on my zilla than on any of our other bikes. Probably cause of that little bit of torque these things have hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2001, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

If it handles better than a Banshee than I am happy, I really don't care about handling but I was just wondering about it, any tips for building it up? Again, let me know of any parts you may have or know of for sale.

Old 10-23-2001, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Dam you, Aussiezilla, DAM YOU!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I wish mine was finished and rideable.....(sigh).....someday though..It sux because I'm only home a few days a month since I decided to drive a truck all over this country to make a livin', but since it pays pretty good my garage looks like a performance shop w/ all the new goodies strewn everywhere waiting to be placed onto the mighty half-naked frame...Anyways, congradulations to ya and I hope your Zilla thrills you every bit you wanted it to and then some....I know its a pretty good feeling to be cruising in (this case "on&quot something you built up yourself, and nobody will ever have anything like it, especially when everyone stops what they 're doin and watches you go by[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]......

Old 10-23-2001, 08:44 PM
Range Rover

Well fasternu, my zilla has given me big big grins.....im definately racing this bad boy! I was really scared when ridin it for the first time....didnt want anything to come off or get tangled. But the bike started second kick, idled beautifully, and then once warm, roared down the first track. and DAMN! dis bike be fast!

Dont know whether its cause i aint riddin it for a while but it felt faster than ever. And i know how you feel dude. Ive got pics of my finished frame with chromed a arms etc, all ready to go, just waiting on the engine which took an extra four weeks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But all smiles now.

And yeah, i went past a group of enduro riders just sittin on the crest of the ridge, having a break. I saw em so i leant back, shifted to third, and gased it. She lifted those bigarsed front wheels high in the air, and i just flew over the ridge at around 60-70km/h!!! its been a while since i scared myself so much! haha but i looked back and they were all standing wide mouthed haha After three heavy sessions of riding, i checked all bolts etc once home, and except for a slack chain (strecthing) its perfect!

and talk about cruzin, ive only riden it once at the local dunes, and ive already had three offers to buy the zilla while cruzin past hehe. I also got a SIK! set of mags for my Ute as well. So now i cruze to the dunes and on the dunes. Along wif my beautiful g/f, lifes lookin pretty sweet right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

fasternu, just keep the finished picture of your bike in your head. Thats wat kept me goin thru the whole thing. The last week before the engine came, i really thinkin of selling it when i had it together cause it was a huge cost which i wasnt riding (im damn impatient!) Also the g/f was talking about buyin a house!! but now, you cant get me off it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2001, 10:26 AM
zoo
Pro Rider

I can still remember the day I first sat on my Zilla to-be. I gave it a few kicks before it turned over, took it down the sellers gravel road, and when I returned to his house with the tears dried in the corners of my eyes, I knew I was hooked, and I haven't looked back yet. Except to see who I just passed.

I couldn't beleive how fast this monster was in stock form. I am now on my second complete engine rebuild and I too get impatient waiting for parts (the price you pay for having older, but superior fire power), but after swinging my leg once again over the seat of my rocket ship with a now modified fire breather I will never let it go.

I have tested several different quads new and old and even bought a 400EX for myself because it was a blast to ride, but in my opinion there is nothing that can come close to the Zilla for sheer power and speed. Hit the throttle and your gone!

ltracerx - good luck on your rebuild
AussieZilla - Congatulations on the completion of yours